Feedback Please......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback Please......

Mopar Man (or any other 750 owners);

Just read a "review" thread from last June, funny, sounds like the same story as mine, but 5 months apart! I'm new to this site. I'm coming back to bikes after a 30 year reprieve and have found a bike much like the deal that Mopar Man was looking at last June.

My last bike was a Honda 500-4 in the late 1970's. Clubman bars, Borrani pipes, etc. Found a gourgeous 06 Katana 750 at a local dealer w/ 1500 miles on it for a very reasonable price. Never dropped, been kept inside, etc. My longer term interest in returning is larger sport-touring bikes, but think I oughta get me feet wet with something a little lighter, less powerful and lighter on the wallet (got 2 kids in college too). Seems like an excellent getting back into it bike for short money and decent sporting/touring legs. I go about 185, 5'10", have sat on it, run up the engine - bike is primo and fits me. I'd like it to be a hair more upright sitting, but I suspect I can modify the bars that way.

Did you buy yours? Are you happy with your purchase and riding experiences? +'s and -'s please?

Thanks!

you can get handlebar risers to make it a little more upright. i believe someone here on the site sells them
    sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
    k9 GSX-R 600
    GO VOLS!

Comment

You may want to ride it a bit.... my pre is perfect......I can easily do an all-day ride on it. Ride it a few thousand before making any changes.
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
        You may want to ride it a bit.... my pre is perfect......I can easily do an all-day ride on it. Ride it a few thousand before making any changes.
        Takes awhile to get used to the seating position. After you've put a few more hours on the bike and still don't like it, look into the risers and other comfort items. I'm an old-timer too so I understand your pain.
        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

I love my Kat (02 750).
          Once you are accustomed to the bike you find it is really comfortable to ride.
          Have made quite a few long rides on mine and have had no problems.
          There is also some great upgrades you can do to improve the riding comfort. Handlebar risers as mentioned and Corbin seat would make a big difference.

Probably the thing I like most with the Kat is the power band being so wide. No need to shift up and down every two seconds. You can generally just cruise along. And should you need some extra pull, it's only a downshift away.
          2002 GSXF 750

Comment

From 1 Old Man 2 Another.....GO 4 IT
            sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

+’s and –‘s are all in what you are looking for.
              The Katana is a heavier bike than the GSX crowd . It’s based on older technology, but is solid and reliable. As an old timer I find the bike provides a comfortable riding position for me and the wife. The Kat handles well enough to allow you to enjoy the twisties and has enough weight and power to be enjoyable, solid and comfortable on the long rides. I was looking for a light, low cost entry sport touring bike and have found that with a few mods, the Kat delivers for me.

Comment

The Kat is pretty well bullet proof and has great sport/touring legs, get it, you'll love it.
                R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Last year, I too came to same crossroads. Not having to ride from the late 70's, my buddies got me to start riding again, they ride cruisers, I wanted a more agile and ergonomic riding machine. I found my Kat, and will not look elsewhere, its confortable, agile, and has more than enough power. If you are like me, you will love the kat. (30 years ago, I used to ride a 750cb).

Get it, You will not regret.......
                  Last edited by D-Pal; 11-28-2008, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2006Red750NJ View Post
                    +’s and –‘s are all in what you are looking for.
                    The Katana is a heavier bike than the GSX crowd . It’s based on older technology, but is solid and reliable. As an old timer I find the bike provides a comfortable riding position for me and the wife. The Kat handles well enough to allow you to enjoy the twisties and has enough weight and power to be enjoyable, solid and comfortable on the long rides. I was looking for a light, low cost entry sport touring bike and have found that with a few mods, the Kat delivers for me.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome! I think you will love the Kat.
                        Bill
                        1989 Katana 600 Blue on Black
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by XKillerEliteX View Post
                          You must be a soul brother!

Gileski

If you don't mind me asking, what modifications have you made?

Gileski
                          Last edited by Gileski; 11-30-2008, 10:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Gileski View Post
                            You must be a soul brother!

Gileski

If you don't mind me asking, what modifications have you made?

Gileski
                            For me the only essential modification is adding hard luggage.

Comment

Working...
                            X