Hello My Name Is... SAM

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello My Name Is... SAM

Hello Everybody,

I'd like to introduce myself to the forum. My name is Sam and I just picked up a 1999 Suzuki GSXF Katana 600 a couple of weeks ago. Before that I had a 1995 Yamaha XJ600S Seca II for about a month and a half which I traded in once I realized third gear was going out on it.

I've always loved motorcycles since I was knee high however I only just recently started riding (around November 2004). I started out with a 1979 Yamaha DT250 enduro on the dirt for awhile and then moved on to street bikes with the Seca II.

Right now my Katana is bone stock w/ about 6000 miles on it. I've got the Competition Werkes fender eliminator kit on the way and plan to do some other minor cosmetic and performance related mods in the future. My list of project ideas has been growing exponentially but of course my wallet and my fiance will keep the spending under control.

If anyone has done modifications to their 98+ Katana and has any recommendations or words of advice I would greatly appreciate their wisdom. I use my bike primarily for pleasure riding and commuting to work and school when the weather cooperates. Eventually I plan to take my fiance for rides frequently also but I need to get some more time under my belt before I put her life in my hands... or wrist to be more specific.

I have numerous questions for everyone but I'm sure I can find many answers simply by reading past postings so I'll avoid the flames and just do some reading before I start my Katana trivia.

Thank you to the administrators and moderators of this site for providing such a wonderful information resource.

Samuel Kasner

PS: I think I attached a picture of my virgin Katana...
    Attached Files
    I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

nice

Thats a sweet ride sam, very similar to mine. Nice having you in the forum. Keep in touch.
    Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

welcome Sam, I used to have the same bike!
      Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Greetings and welcome
        Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders Sam!!!
          Hope you find all the information and Ideas you need!!

Fred

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Yet another Ohioan ! Gonna catch up to the Canucks soon ... How far from the river is ya ?
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I'm up in northeast ohio... Canton to be specific. Thank you for the warm greetings. I'm quickly becoming obsessed with motorcycles and everything related to them so I'll be sure to stop by the forum often.

My future father-in-law collects and restores vintage bikes (mainly Indians) so he helped push me over the edge and motivate me to start riding motorcycles instead of staring at them and dreaming about what it would be like.
              I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
              http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

welcome sam..now tell us your real name lol jk

anyways, you have a nice color to start with. black kats are always so nice
                Hello World.

Comment

Welcome to Katriders Sam!!!!
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Glad you chose a Katana Sam, Enjoy the site.....

Comment

and the canucks and ohioians are running neck and neck

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome aboard!
                        I miss my Gixxer

Officer Down Memorial Page

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                          and the canucks and ohioians are running neck and neck

Welcome!
                          but we are better looking! (we all have teeth)

Comment

welcome! 8)
                            West of Germany
                            greetz Carsten

Comment

Welcome from a fellow Ohioan at the other end of the state. Down around Cincy area.
                              Keith Paton
                              Red Kat 600 00 SOLD
                              13 GSXR750

Comment

Working...
                              X