X

Hello From Ohio

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello From Ohio

Hi, I'm Ricky, I'm 20, and from Northern Ohio. I had a 1986 GSXR750 when I was 15, on my motorcycle permit. After nearly 5 years of not riding, I bought my current bike, a 1990 Katana 750 with 15,000 miles for $800. Why? because it was trashed, and somebody covered the bodywork with fur. A week after buying it, the countershaft bearing self destructed, forcing me to gain some intimate knowledge of the bike during the motor removal and reinstallation. (I had a mechanic do the bearing.... seemed too trying) The bike is equipped with a V&H Supersport exhaust with a badly crushed #3 primary, that the bike was never jetted for, torn up bodywork, various bent levers/mirror mounts, and a missing passenger footpeg, and it rides on brand new Dunlop 208's. I did, however, pilot it to a 11.9@113mph at the local dragstrip, with a miserable 1.9 60' time. I'm aiming for mid 11's this week, and high 10's by the end of the summer. Thanks for taking the time to read my babble, and I appreciate any input you may give me.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Hi Ricky, welcome to Katriders!!!
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Greetings and welcome
      Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

Welcome to the forum
        Nick www.naskie18.com Googletalk: naskie18 AIM: naskie18

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Greetings!!! Welcome to KR.

I need to make a greetings smilie for these intro welcomes

Comment

welcome ricky!
              West of Germany
              greetz Carsten

Comment

Hello

Tokalosh

Comment

Hello and a definite welcome to a fellow Ahian LOL

Where about in northern Ohio? I am at Indian Lake, just south of Lima.
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                  Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Welcome. Sounds like someone really trashed the bike. Thats sad to hear. At least its in good hands now!
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Welcome from a fellow Ohioan down south.
                      Keith Paton
                      Red Kat 600 00 SOLD
                      13 GSXR750

Comment

Hi Ricky, I'm in NE Ohio. Good Luck with your drag racing! Where do you run at? I'd be curious to see what my 99 Kat can do on the strip.
                        I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                        http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Hi Ricky! That's cool you are running your Kat at the dragstrip. We have one close to me - you can run any street legal car or bike on Saturday nights. It's a lot of fun to watch. Good luck and be safe!
                          ~ Lisa
                          2005 CBR 600RR (nicely modified)
                          2005 CBR 600RR Track Toy "Frank"

My motorcycle, my dogs (Piper & Capone - the Pet Bulls) and a cold beer ... what more could a girl ask for???

www.austinsbr.com and www.txsbr.com

Comment

Good work on rescuing the abused Kat! You're probably only a few hours away from me.

Comment

I'm outside of Sandusky. I run at Norwalk Raceway Park. I'm there pretty much every Wednesday night. I ran an 11.7@114 last night. Still a really bad 60' time, but with a better launch, I should get 11.5-11.4 next week.
                              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
                              X