X

Idling problems.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idling problems.

All I did was change my gas tank and my bike started to die out, had everything done that I could think of carb tune, valve check, tune-up and still had same problem. Oh yeah I blew out the gas filter also. Re-routed the gas lines and it started working with out dying out. Now it sometimes revs out of control. Checked throttle to make sure the cable was not binding. After a night of going over what I think might be the problem the next day it is running like it was when I bought it which is good. So I pose this question, does anyone have any ideas and also if anyone knows if say the tank I bought was maybe re-coated inside the the coating material might be the issue.

You should have posted this question in the "Mechanics 101" section. Depending on what type of tank coating was used, that may be causing a problem. 've read some coatings don't hold up too well, and eventualy start plugging fuel filters and jets when it starts to gell up in the fuel system. Another problem could be if the lines aren't routed so that they are aiming downhill. If you get air trapped in the filters, or have a kink in the fuel lines it can cause the float bowls to run low on fuel, especially during extended duration at high rpm full throttle riding. The high rpm reving at idle might be caused by a vacumm leak, did you remember to connect the vacumm line from the #4 carb to the gas petcock when you swapped the gas tank? If not you would have a vacumm leak there, and it shouldn't be getting any gas flow to the carbs unless you're petcock is set to the "Prime" position (usually pointing towards the back of the bike for prime).
    Last edited by Psycho1; 10-20-2008, 02:10 AM.
    John,
    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
    sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR?
      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome to KR

THE DOC
        THE DOC
        RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
        Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
        mistake when you make it again.
        sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR go to Mechanics 101 you'll find answers I'm sure

Comment

Working...
          X