X

Newbie, but have to sell already?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie, but have to sell already?

Hey guys, I picked up a 2002 Katana 600 with 1600 miles on it. I paid $4,000 for the bike, Its in perfect shape just like new....

ANYWAYS............
    I did it against my wifes wishes, and now she is demanding that I sell it, It has nothing to do with the money at all.... She just thinks I am going to kill myself on it.

I have riden dirtbikes sleds jet skis and atvs almost my whole life, So a street bike is nothing really new to me. I drove it the other day and feel right at home with it.

Now what I don't understand is this... I have a Banshee that will do 70+mph and I have a Ski Doo Formula that will do 90mph, But she has no problem with them! All I know is trees don't move if you hit them.

Plus I am a very safe rider, I have a Joe Rocket jacket, and gloves and a nice HJC helmet, Its a hell of a lot better then going shirtless with shorts on. I make sure to stay alert and I don't drive like a jackass.

I am also leaving for ARUBA on Friday, when we get back she wants the bike to be for sale!

Now I love this bike, I did not think i'd like street riding as much as I do. Now I am hooked and CAN'T get it out of my head.

What should I do?

-Jeff
    I focus on the pain, The only thing thats real.

Take her for a scary ride on the Ski Doo and tell her the bike is safer?
    Keep the rubber side down!

Comment

I thought i'd add this aswell.... It has a Leo Vince exhaust on it......

So at the store I sat on the bike and started it.... What a mistake that was, it was music to my ears...
      Right then I knew I had to have it! DOH!

Comment

Originally posted by JDS
        Take her for a scary ride on the Ski Doo and tell her the bike is safer?
        She has been on it with me before, She likes to ride along with me! I hit 80mph this year with her on it and she liked it.... I don't think I can win.

Comment

Choose the wife and sell the motorcycle with out any doubt !!!!!!

George
          WittyMonkey
          ----------------------------------
          www.bostontechnologies.com

Comment

Originally posted by wittymonkey
            Choose the wife and sell the motorcycle with out any doubt !!!!!!

George
            I think it should be the other way around

Lots of people say it is easier to ask for Forgivness than it is Permission. Sounds like she has her mind pretty made up though. You can always explain to her that we all die someday, and why die of old age, unhappy, and crapping yourself, when you can die happy, with a smile on your face...
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Buy her one, too!
              ~ Lisa
              2005 CBR 600RR (nicely modified)
              2005 CBR 600RR Track Toy "Frank"

My motorcycle, my dogs (Piper & Capone - the Pet Bulls) and a cold beer ... what more could a girl ask for???

www.austinsbr.com and www.txsbr.com

Comment

Tungsten -

Welcome! How about this idea. If you haven't already taken the class, enroll both you and her in the MSF. If you both attend, she can realize your commitment to safety, and would be included as well. Then you could BOTH go riding. You both can have a blast riding those little 250s and have something to share. The trick is gonna be getting her to agree to go, since she is adamant about you getting rid of the bike. Explain to her that all of the other activities you mentioned have risks, but you've been able to manage them so far. The MSF will absolutely reinforce that point.

Good luck, and whatever happens, continue to post! This is a great forum.
                2005 Red Katana 600!

How y'all mom n' 'em?

Comment

listen to the wifey
                  Hello World.

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!!!
                    I agree with Katastrophe On this. That sounds like a great idea, She will see the safer side of riding that most nonriders don't see.
                    That might be just enough to bring her around to the way you feel..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Welcome to KR. Sounds like your pickeled and its a sour note. Like others have said, try taking the MSF with her, sit down and discuss your need to ride. Hope you the best of luck for a sweet outcome!!
                      Keith Paton
                      Red Kat 600 00 SOLD
                      13 GSXR750

Comment

Welcome to Katriders, thats a tough one, scare her on one of the other toys, and then take her for a gentle cruise on the bike
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I don't know guys (and girls) It seems as though I can't get a word in about the bike, I am just going to let things chill out for awhile. I already said i'd get rid of it. But I like it too much!

If I want to ride then I should be able to, I feel like a 5 year old at a toy store. Oh well!

I do love her very much! She means the world to me, But I still want to ride dammit!

Comment

Get rid of the chick and keep the bike. With her as a wife you can never get another bike, but if you keep the bike, it will always bring you more women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last year my wife and I had an arguement about me going to a bike rally. She told me if i went she would divorce me, I told her "I'll pack your shiat when I get back" I went she was still there when i got back and has no problem that I am going this year. Sometimes you just have to call their bluff.

KEEP THE BIKE!!!!
                            If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

And also, while I was at said bike rally, I got a sticker that sits on my windshield that says "Motorcylces ruined my marriage, Thank God for miracles" need me to send it to you? LOL

I cant remember who sig says it but it is something about " they told me to give up that which i loved most, my woman or my bike, so I lied and kept the bike"

(sorry if i massacred that)
                              If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

Working...
                              X