Hi from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Hi everyone,
    Just bought myself a 1999 Suzuki Katana 750. 29000kms. So far it seems like a fairly nice ride. I'm coming off a kawi ninja 500 and I was surprised at the katana's handling, it definetely doesn't ride as big as it looks.
    Good power too, nice sound. Wish it had some form of temperature reading, maybe oil temp, since it isn't water cooled...
    I notice on the dash that beside the fuel gauge there seems to be a dummy gauge with a suzuki "S" in it, what would be there and on what models?
    Ciao,
    Sean
    Adrenaline makes me the way I am.

Welcome Sean. Glad you found us. I don't know what the gauge with the "s" on it is but I am sure somebody here does. I know your question will be answered. Again, welcome.

Comment

Welcome eh! Being from Ottawa means you'll have to meet up with a bunch of us you know.
      They turned that dummy gauge into a clock in the year of our lord 2000. I replaced my whole gauge cluster with a later year's to get that clock. Originally I put my own clock inside that gauge and it actually looked like a factory installation but it was a pain when the time needed adjusting.

I've never felt the need for an oil temperature gauge but check out Cyberpoet's post if you are interested in pursuing adding one:
      Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

Welcome to KR !!! You're in good company here.

Comment

Welcome to Katriders
          Kyle

Comment

Welcome aboard!
            Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

Hey and thanks everyone for welcoming me.
              Beekman, is there a usual spot where you guys meet up?
              Ciao,
              Sean

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders Sean!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by booneylander
                  Hey and thanks everyone for welcoming me.
                  Beekman, is there a usual spot where you guys meet up?
                  Ciao,
                  Sean
                  Well, there's a few coming down to the Cobourg Rally next weekend, and me and Spedee come up once or twice a summer. The guys in Ottawa don't ride much...they just hang around Tim Horton's at Bank & Altavista as well as the Market and act like the girls dig them.

Comment

Originally posted by BeekMan
                    The guys in Ottawa don't ride much...they just hang around Tim Horton's at Bank & Altavista as well as the Market and act like the girls dig them.

OUCH. That hurts Beek.

Sean - (cool name and perfect spelling btw ) we ride constantly in Ottawa. Beek is right, some of us are heading to Cobourg next wknd for a small (hopefully large) gathering. You are more than welcome to join us. Do a search for Cobourg Rally to get all the details. 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
                      OUCH. That hurts Beek.
                      As you can see Sean, the Ottawa boys are also very sensitive... much like the girls they try to impress.

Just kidding...they impress me all the time.

Comment

99 750...in Blue....AWESOME

and in Ottawa.

If you ever want to ride, let us know.

The Ottawa crew are:

Junior
                        Haggisman
                        Freckles
                        Young
                        Phatkawk
                        KitKat
                        Owlman
                        Slim
                        iB
                        Demon
                        badbilly
                        Range

Comment

Hey where abouts are you in Ottawa? We go out every chance we get
                          I don't need a girlfriend... Windows goes down on me everyday!

Comment

Looks like Freckles is on my old ride, the trusty Ninja 500, nice ride for sure, had my first spill on that thing.
                            I'm from out the east end (Cumberland) but I'm moving to North Gower this week.
                            Do you guys ever hit up luskville and do some passes? I'm anxious to get out there and see what the Katana will run, I ran a 13.4 on the Ninja.
                            I can't make Cobourg next weekend but I'm definetely down for some riding.

Comment

Originally posted by booneylander
                              Looks like Freckles is on my old ride, the trusty Ninja 500, nice ride for sure, had my first spill on that thing.
                              I'm from out the east end (Cumberland) but I'm moving to North Gower this week.
                              You'll be moving into my neck of the woods then since I'm not to far away in Kemptville.

Let me know when you get settled in and I'll stop by and introduce myself. 8)

Comment

Working...
                              X