Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KeWLKaT View Post
    Update:

Just put a deposit on this baby about an hour ago:

It's a 600, I think I'm better off with that as a first bike than the 750.

congrats!
    sigpic
    2008 GSX-650F / 1990 GSX-600F sold facebook

Comment

Well .. we might ride together this year then

Forgot to add .. I can be your "accompagnateur" so you can ride
      Last edited by Sky; 08-15-2008, 09:01 AM.
      Guylaine
      Try and keep up now

Comment

Welcome aboard. Hope all goes well with getting your license. I'm not sure if that's the same process here in Onatario and I'll have to check into it as my son wants to get a bike so we can ride together.
        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
        ------------------------------------------
        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Welcome!
          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Hey guys!

I just realized something funny... I have been sporting the current nickname I have for about 8-9 years now, and it's the first time that it actually relates to the site it's registered on!

Anyhow, I don't quite have my Kat yet. I know I want a 2000+ish (the the more recent, the better) Kat 750 (would love it in black). This is a bike I have been liking for a long time. Plus, it is perfect here in Quebec where we have to pay 700$ for registration yearly for SS bikes (as opposed to 414$ for a regular bike), which the Katana is not. Also, insurance will be perfect.

Now you are probably thinking ''why is this guy joining the site without a Katana''? Well, I am currently doing the necessary to get my license, because as some of you might know it takes about 8-10 months to get your motorcycle license here in Quebec (and about 800$ with all the tests, and courses that are obligatory). My second one is next week, and the final one next year... So odds are I will probably not purchase it anytime soon, as I see no point in buying it, if I am not going to be riding it as much as I want.

However, I registered here in order to acquire knowledge about the bike I am going to buy, and also, you never know? Maybe snatch a sale from here to get it?

Nice community you got going here!

P.S. I own a local car forum and have been on them for years... I know how to search

WOW...sounds like a pain!! the process should produce better riders though. welcome to KR!

Update:

Just put a deposit on this baby about an hour ago:

It's a 600, I think I'm better off with that as a first bike than the 750.

that was quick! nice Kat.
            Last edited by tnez21; 08-15-2008, 04:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by GSkyX-R1000 View Post
              Well .. we might ride together this year then

Forgot to add .. I can be your "accompagnateur" so you can ride
              Sweet! The hottest woman on KR being my ''accompagnateur'', people are going to be jealous hahahaha.

You want something funny? Where I bought the bike, the guy who sold it to me lives about 2 streets away and has a gsr-x750 that I had noticed before, haha, the world is so small! I'll let you know once I pick it up (probably thursday).

I have to admit though that it's wierd I said something about buying it next year and I get one like 20 days later hehehe. That's how much we like it

Sucks I'll have to be accompanied until next summer though.
              Last edited by KeWLKaT; 08-16-2008, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Sucks I'll have to be accompanied until next summer though.
                I know ... I hated every minute of it .... at least most of it was during winter for me ... did the closed circuit on october 12 .... When I got my full license it was finallllllllly FREEDOM !!!
                Guylaine
                Try and keep up now

Comment

Well as you can tell from my previous posts I was going to wait until next year (winter isn't that bad) but I couldn't wait lol, at least I'll get some seat time before the season ends

Comment

Welcome kewlkat, another Quebecer here. I'm in Cote Saint-Luc. Congrats on your purchase, or soon to be purchase.
                    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Sweet! Looking forward to meeting all of you once I get that full license next year, I'll have to content riding with my buddy for now... Heh.

Comment

Hey Kewlkat... I have a 2003 750 and live in St. Lazare... we'll have to get together for a ride...

Rob

Comment

Sweet! For sure!

Picked up the bike yesterday, I love it! It is perfect for me, I love the shape, it looks amazing, and handles like a dream (compared to whatever I had ridden before).

Comment

Working...
                          X