X

GSX1100F Front Brakes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSX1100F Front Brakes

There are a lot of articles on this and I have tested the addition of 1200 bandit 4 pot calipers which bolt straight on and at addition of a GRXR750 master cylinder with the standard calipers. First the Bandit 4 pots with the standard master cylinder is a great improvement making the back end lift and the front tyre squeel however the pads do not fully cover the disc and this may cause problems in the future, filling the the lower mount hole with weld , then redrilling looks like it will drop the caliper to a position where the pads are fully in contact with the disc rota.

The next option was to replace the standard calipers which have been fully rebuilt and change master cylinders, this is great I now have fantastic stoping power, the GSXR750 master cylinder was easy to mount with its remote res and far easyier to bleed the brakes with this fitted.

So currently I have standard calipers fully rebuilt with a GSXR750 master cylinder, braided steel lines and the brakes have great feel and power, how dis I manage with the old setup I do not know, until I rode my sons blade and my wifes 650 bandit I was happy after that I knew a change was needed.

What next well after touring Europe this winer I may get the 4 pot calipers modified

Rgds John GSX1100F (owned since new 1991) , ZZR1100 (Brakes not good either), Kawa Z650, Suzi GT500 x2 , Norton Commando
Working...
X