Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

thought I would introduce myself (soon to be new rider)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thought I would introduce myself (soon to be new rider)

I found this site through Suzuki-Bikes forum, being that I plan to buy a 750 Kat I thought it would be smart to register over here as well.

I've been wanting to get a bike for a few years now for a lot of different reasons, plus my dad has been into bikes since he was 12, he doesn't ride anymore but is still a bigtime bike guy. I remember riding on the back of his bike on several ocasions when I was younger. I just recently turned 23 and figured now would be as good of a time as any to buy a bike.

I don't have any previous riding experience but I've learned the basics of riding from my dad as well as to wear at the very least my helmet, jacket, gloves with jeans and shoes, such as to go to work (which is less than a block away from my house) I don't consider myself totally inept about riding because of the things my dad has taught me but I know that I have a lot to learn and won't learn them until I'm on the bike and experiencing it for myself.

I hope to be able to purchase a bike by march at the very latest, so till then I can only learn through others. I also plan to take the motorcycle saftey course here in CA sometime in November.

looking forward to my stay here, I'm glad I was able to find this site.
    Originally posted by AbeezieSoNeezie

fact: a yammie is a girls bike
    fact: more that one girl rides yammies therefore yammies = a bunch of girls
    fact: girls lie

therefore, the following equation is true.
    girls = yammah
    yammah = a bunch of liars

Welcome. Good luck with your plans.
    Bike is sold

Comment

Welcome!

Definately take the MSF course... you'll learn alot and have an absolute BLAST! Tons o' fun.

Stick around... there's aLOT of knowledgable people here. Ask questions and they will surely be answered.

8)

Comment

Re: thought I would introduce myself (soon to be new rider)

Howdy!

Originally posted by Phoenix_Rising
        I just recently turned 23 and figured now would be as good of a time as any to buy a bike.
        Ooo! a young'un!
        *gives the once over* How you doin'?
        - It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

- Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Comment

Re: thought I would introduce myself (soon to be new rider)

Originally posted by Slim
          Howdy!

Originally posted by Phoenix_Rising
          I just recently turned 23 and figured now would be as good of a time as any to buy a bike.
          Ooo! a young'un!
          *gives the once over* How you doin'?
          PheonixRising....watch out...you have a Harley Chick on your arse!

and to make it worse...she is Canadian...welcome

Comment

PheonixRising,

Welcome to KR. Where in Cali are you? There are a bunch of us here, SoCal, NoCal and LoCal. You'll learn a lot here and come to contribute just as much, too.

There's no dumb question on this board, son't be shy. We've all been where you are sometime in our lives.

Oh, and don't mind Slim. She's cool, and hot, and only rides a Harley 'cause she rides fast and doesn't want guys staring at her thong and plowing into her back.

Again, welcome!
            sigpic

Comment

Hey Phoenix, welcome to KR!! Glad you found us!
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Welcome Aboard. The safety course is a must do. Met my husband that way!
                Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy
                  Welcome Aboard. The safety course is a must do. Met my husband that way!
                  was he on a Harley and wearing a thong?

Cool Froggy...tell us the WHOLE story...including ALL the details

Comment

Froggy, where abouts are you from? I am in Halifax occasionally.
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

what's up. welcome to the boards
                      rock
                      always working on mods

Comment

Welcome to KR man!

I am from Lo-Cal.......Low in carbs too.

See you around.
                        1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
                        2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
                        Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

to answer Tdr's question I'm from the Bay Area, East Bay to be more specific. I was originally going to go with some sort of 600cc bike but at my size (6' 5" 215-220lbs) I was told by several people I would enjoy the 750 for a longer period of time.
                          Originally posted by AbeezieSoNeezie

fact: a yammie is a girls bike
                          fact: more that one girl rides yammies therefore yammies = a bunch of girls
                          fact: girls lie

therefore, the following equation is true.
                          girls = yammah
                          yammah = a bunch of liars

Comment

Originally posted by Katgirl
                            I live just outside Halifax (about 15 mins from the airport). The weather has been miserable here that last couple of days. Has given me time to work on the bike's cosmetics. As for the bike course, me and the only other woman on course invited every one out for a drink after we all passed. He's the only one who took us up on the offer, I guess the rest is history. He is a former Kat 600 rider, but has fallen back to his true roots and now has a 750 Shadow. What a loooooong sloooow drive to Ottawa this past summer!
                            Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy
                              Originally posted by Katgirl
                              I live just outside Halifax (about 15 mins from the airport). The weather has been miserable here that last couple of days. Has given me time to work on the bike's cosmetics. As for the bike course, me and the only other woman on course invited every one out for a drink after we all passed. He's the only one who took us up on the offer, I guess the rest is history. He is a former Kat 600 rider, but has fallen back to his true roots and now has a 750 Shadow. What a loooooong sloooow drive to Ottawa this past summer!
                              I have friends at the Sunnyvale Trailer Park...

Comment

Working...
                              X