X

Hey, Maiden Voyage on my '05 Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, Maiden Voyage on my '05 Katana

Hey Everybody! Just got an '05 600 and it is awesome. Very forgiving and easy to ride, not to mention the comfort. This website is great and I plan on being on a lot. A little concerned about the idle though. After riding for about 15 mins it stayed at 2500 rpm's. Any advice? Only 20 miles on the bike.
    If it doesn't fit, force it; if it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyway!

Get the manual! Turn your idle screw done when the bike is at full operating temperature. I think it should be 1000-1500 rpm
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Did you turn your choke off after start up?

Comment

WELCOME!!!!

Don't listen to cross-eyed people

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
          WELCOME!!!!

Don't listen to cross-eyed people
          STFU
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

welcome to KR!!!! 8) 8)
            West of Germany
            greetz Carsten

Comment

Welcome to KR !!!

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!!!!!
                Happy Riding!!!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Welcome and lets see some pics of that bike.

Comment

thanks

Scoped out the idle screw and everything is good now! I'm happy to be here, I'll take some pics on sunday when it's nice out and post 'em! Thanks gain THAZKAT !

Comment

Welcome to Katriders!! My bike was the same when I first got her, she idles sweetly at 1500 now, still 3 years later. Hope to see you around. (and listen to Thaz, he know his stuff)
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Welcome aboard! Break her in easy!! LOL
                        "Shut up and walk it off" -personal quote from personal experiences.

Comment

Yeah first thing that has to go is the white cowl and tail! I like the factory blue so I'll probably paint them to match on a rainy weekend. I bought some blue metallic spraypaint and... no I'm j/k! I work part time painting at a local body shop.

Comment

congrats and welcome

Comment

My 04 had the same problem on my first ride. I just turn down the idle screw and never had a problem again.
                              Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Comment

Working...
                              X