X

Howdy! (no bike havin' newbie)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy! (no bike havin' newbie)

I've been looking at this forum for a few days and thought I would register and say "Hello!" I don't have a bike right now, and am still in the looking phase. Anyway, the more I look, the more I keep coming back to the Katana... It's such a good looking bike, and I am wanting one with a sport-touring purpose.

I took the MSF in January and we all had fun flogging (I mean...uh...safely and slowly riding) those little 250 cruisers. Next step is buying the gear, which I'm gonna have to do a little at a time. There is a ton of good info on this site, and thanks to the owner/admin for creating it!
    2005 Red Katana 600!

How y'all mom n' 'em?

Welcome
    PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
    The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Welcome to KR!
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Howdy!!!

I think one place we can help is gear..
        We have all made good/bad purchases over the years.!!

Where are you? (texas is kinda general)

Comment

Welcome to Katriders, sounds like you are definately on the right track!!
          Hope you find a bike soon.
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
            Howdy!!!

I think one place we can help is gear..
            We have all made good/bad purchases over the years.!!

Where are you? (texas is kinda general)
            Alot general LOL it took me a whole day just to go halfway through Texas on the way out here.
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

welcome to KR....is Texas big or something?

Comment

Our State is bigger than Canada...
                Oh wait...
                Our ego is bigger than Canada!!
                That works...

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!!!!!
                  I am sure you will find alot of good information here. Not to mention The greatest Group of people anywhere!!!!
                  Even if you choose a bike other than a Kat Feel free to stick around and enjoy!!!

Fred

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Hey,

Thanks for the welcome! I am from the Lockhart area (AKA the Barbecue Capital of Texas).

As far as riding goes, I started riding dirtbikes at the ripe old age of 8, with a Honda Z50, continuing up 'till about age 16 (I'm 33 now). My folks ALWAYS stressed safety, as my stepdad rode both dirt and streetbikes until he blew out his knee on a heavily modified Suzuki RM 250 in the early '80's. So if anyone has any good tips on helmets, jackets, pants, boots, and gloves (as far as price, performance and durability) it would be greatly appreciated.

My MSF instructors said that I was very smooth in the corners on the final day, and I even managed "the box" without putting a foot down.

I managed to find this site through looking around suzuki-bikes.com, which is where I found out about the MSF. Any other noobs who haven't taken the MSF ought to seriously consider taking the course. Not only is it a blast, but it is a safe environment to begin practicing techniques that could possibly save your life or someone else's.

Anybody planning on coming to the Lockhart area, PM me. There are a few roads out here with some entertaining twisties, I think...
                    2005 Red Katana 600!

How y'all mom n' 'em?

Comment

Welcome aboard! You'll love it here. Everyone ROCKS! and guarenteed someone has an answer to any question you may have!
                      "Shut up and walk it off" -personal quote from personal experiences.

Comment

Shalom!!!! and welcome
                        'Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and sometimes it rains" !

Comment

Greetings newb !! welcome to KR!

Comment

Lockhart isn't too far from Austin.
                            I found tons of bikes on Creigslist.org
                            (but I bet I spelled that wrong!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                              Our State is bigger than Canada...
                              Oh wait...
                              Our ego is bigger than Canada!!
                              That works...