X

Danish Bacon!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danish Bacon!

Well i've been enjoying Katriders for about a month now, figured it was about time i made an introduction hehe

So what about me... I'm 26 year old guy from Denmark who lives in Twisty Central loads of nice little backroads around here and a lot of beautiful scenery, so that's probably also why there's so many other bikes in the area too(esp. British oldtimers)

My dad who lives about 30 secs away, has a local MC repair shop so i'm pretty used to being around bikes, though it wasn't till about a month ago that i actually could afford to get get a license and a decent bike for myself.

Which inccidently i almost crashed yesterday when a badly fitted tankbag slapped me in the face while i was doing 80 kmph(ca. 50mph) in a turn, luckily i managed to stay upright and just got off with kicking a road marker at about 70kmph and then doing about 50-80m of impromtu ploughed field motocross before i could get back on the road again.
    Now my foot's sore and the ego bruised But the bike didn't get a scratch, which means i'll live to ride another day 8)

My ride is a 1990 GSX 600 with just under 24K km(14,7K miles) travelled.
    It's completely stock except for the windscreen and i only changed that cause the stock one felt way to small when you're 185cm(6 ft 1") tall.
    It's probably also one of the most expensive Kats on KR because of the pure EVIL Danish import taxes.

So here's what about 45000 DKK(just under 8000$ USD) will get you around here:
    It usually rides in the company of my Dads 73' Kawasaki Z900 (1200ccm bigbore kit, smoothbore carbs, Honda Bol d'Or Frontend & rims+brakes and a 4-in-1 Laser exhaust which sounds like a vulcano errupting )

Anyone going to Swedish Bike Meet 2005 will get a chance to see them both IRL 8)
    -= Har du styr på lortet, eller lort på styret? =-

Let me be the first to welcome you to Katriders lagmo.
    Nice bike, another pre '98 lad!
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Let me be the second to do as well, Welcome to KR !! Yeah, always double check your tank bags if you have the strap on kind!!! Tank bag I mean

Comment

Wow, that really is expensive!!!!!

Welcome!
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders lagmo!!!!!
          And thak you for shareing the pics with us!!!!!
          Hope you are enjoying the forums!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Welcome to KR. Great pics. Thanks.

Comment

welcome to denmark!
              not so far away like america!
              West of Germany
              greetz Carsten

Comment

Let me be 7th LOL

Welcome to KR and enjoy the ride!! GO PRE98'S!!
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

let me be the 8th. but you should have bought a ninja. Oh wait I never get to ride mine becouse I am always fixing it. Nevermind
                  PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
                  The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

With referennce to the British oldtimers,this Limey welcomes you.Nice bike.
                    Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

Originally posted by ne-oublie
                      With referennce to the British oldtimers,this Limey welcomes you.Nice bike.
                      TY and everyone else for the warm welcome, i think i'll grab some more pics of the 'oldtimers' as they come around.
                      Espcially since there's an anual 'english oldtimer' event coming up within a few months.

Personally i'm waiting for Swedish Bike Meet & Raceday 2005(same group who organizes the oldtimer event) to see some other Kats(and maybe get some styling ideas)

I'd love to get a 750 engine in mine come winter and maybe work on the suspension a bit too. (this forum has some many great posts about it, my heads been spinning the last few weeks heh)

Comment

Welcome!!
                        Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Let me be the umpteenth person to welcome you to KR.

Man that is crazy high on the price!!

You should have just talked sweet lou into smuggling you one over, he would do it if you asked him nicely, LOL.

He doesnt know it yet but he is helping ThAzKat and me kidnap charliemav so she can go to the gap LOL

nice bike and glad you found us!
                          If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

Originally posted by SlytlyDeranged
                            Let me be the umpteenth person to welcome you to KR.

Man that is crazy high on the price!!

You should have just talked sweet lou into smuggling you one over, he would do it if you asked him nicely, LOL.

He doesnt know it yet but he is helping ThAzKat and me kidnap charliemav so she can go to the gap LOL

nice bike and glad you found us!
                            Lol would hate to think what kind of fine i'd be looking at if that ever got caught in customs...(i think it's like estmated market value * 112.5% * VAT(25%))

Also i just HAVE to ask: wth is 'The Gap'?
                            i'm assuming it's a hangout of some sorts, just seen it mentioned so many times i feel left out

maybe someday i'll work up enough nerve to ask thaz about the 'Katbusa'
                            too

Comment

It's a place where people steer away from normal sexual practices

Comment

Working...
                              X