X

possible new owner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible new owner

I'm a current ninja 500 owner looking at a few bikes to buy next. I love my 500 but I just want something that is a little more. The Kawasaki dealer up the street has a 2006 kat with 1360 miles on it and I can get it for 5470 out the door, is this a good deal and has anyone gone from a 500 to a kat 750? Anyone have any insight on the differences in manners of these 2 bikes...

trading up

Originally posted by mako81 View Post
    I'm a current ninja 500 owner looking at a few bikes to buy next. I love my 500 but I just want something that is a little more. The Kawasaki dealer up the street has a 2006 kat with 1360 miles on it and I can get it for 5470 out the door, is this a good deal and has anyone gone from a 500 to a kat 750? Anyone have any insight on the differences in manners of these 2 bikes...
    The Kat is much heavier, both the 600 and 750. Drive it before you buy it.
    You should like it great riding postion lots of power but not break neck accerleration
    Welcome to the board

Comment

I have yet to ride that Ninja but the Kat is very forgiving on the throttle. Try her out and you will be hooked!
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

Welcome to KR

THE DOC
        THE DOC
        RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
        Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
        mistake when you make it again.
        sigpic

Comment

Welcome!
          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders
            2007 Honda CBR600rr
            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
            sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR!
              It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders.
                GS1000SZ, GS1100EZ, GS1000ST (Wes Cooley)

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!
                  2006 Katana 750 (taken by the guy that said he didn't see me)
                  2006 VFR800 to replace the broken Kat.

Comment

welcome to kr..
                    02 Suzuki Katana 750
                    05 Suzuki Boulevard C 50

If i wanted to hear an a$$hole i would just fart!!!!

sigpic

Comment

price seems a little high for what I have been reading on here.

It will be a big difference from the 500....WEIGHT wise.
                      The inline four from the parallel twin is a natural progression for any rider, and you will have no issues with it.
                      What do you want anyway...a supersport? If so, I would suggest that you keep the Ninja and get really proficient with riding, then upgrade to a 600 SS bike (look for an older Honda CBR600 F4).
                      If you want a bike that you can ride all day, load up with a passenger, take a trip...then the Katana is for you.

Comment

Welcome to KR. I have ridden both bikes and the Kat will give you more only with the ability to hold on it is an awsome bike and very comfortable. Do ride before you buy though it is a lot heavier.

Comment

Working...
                        X