X

newbie to the Katana world...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie to the Katana world...

Hello all...my name is chris and i live in canada eh? I have just found this site through wiki when i did some looking around to learn more about the Katanas. I am looking at getting an 89 Katana 750 that needs a bit of work. That in itself isnt that daunting as it appears it mostly needs a new right clip on, and possably the right upper fairing along with all the right hand controls. The fuel tank is a bit banged up from the accident that caused the above damage but it should be usable. Basicly the story i got from the kid that im buying it from was it came up to 12 o clock which took out the tail light then dumped him off..the machine proceeded forward and hit a crack which brought the front end back down and caused the bike to do a bit of a tank slap then flop down on its right side...It looks rough right now but i think its savable..

i havent looked at the bike in person just yet...these are the pics that were sent to me of the bike in email.

heres a couple more pics of the bike..

Last edited by katanaoutlaw; 01-17-2008, 08:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Welcome to KatRiders
    2007 Honda CBR600rr
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
    sigpic

Comment

welcome to Kr Outlaw.

I know I have expessed my thoughts on the above bike in the shoutbox, but I figured I would elaborate a bit in this post.

Things to consider on this bike (this is based on the frame being straight, which I am not convinced it is.)

In addition to the purchase price, the following items will add up to the total cost of the bike. I am basing these prices off the top of my head so you may or may not find them cheaper:

Windshield - 30.00
      Handle bars - 15.00
      Switch pods - 25.00
      Gas tank - 125.00
      Swingarm and or wheel - 125.00
      Tail lens - 20.00
      right side fairing - 150.00
      signal lights - 30.00
      chain - 100.00
      Bar ends - 30.00
      master cylinder and levers - 60.00 (??)
      Paint for tank and plastics- 200.00

This is just a rough estimate - but as you can see, just from looking at the pics I'd say your into close to a grand in just parts. Add that to the purchase price, and I'd say your better off finding a Kat in better condition.

good luck on whatever you decide. Kr will be able to help you along the way.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

welcome!

Comment

Welcome to KR!

Comment

After reading all the advice given by everyone in the shout box and this post im thinking i will be far better off buying a better Katana....i could probably find one in far better shape for $1600....

Comment

Good luck on your search. And, welcome to KR!

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                PAUL
                93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

Katana

Welcome I dont know what the price is for the bike. But It would make a good parts buke , If you want to stay with a katana 750. Then you would have to find a katana 750 around the same years. Offer him a few hundred and keep looking. good Luck

Comment

the asking price on the bike above is $600...still not sure which way i want to go yet..i lean more towards just searching for a better machine...however...im almost tempted to see if he would take $400 for it and if he does get it...tear apart the rear end to see which is messed up then decide from there...i have no issues with the idea of repairing the subframe if its that thats twisted..if so..heh excuse to do a tail swap with something...

Comment

Welcome to KR! Yes, talk him down because he will have a tough time selling that to anyone other that a project seeker.
                      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                      JOHN 16:33

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                        2006 Katana 750 (taken by the guy that said he didn't see me)
                        2006 VFR800 to replace the broken Kat.

Comment

welcome to kr and good luck with the bike thing
                          02 Suzuki Katana 750
                          05 Suzuki Boulevard C 50

If i wanted to hear an a$$hole i would just fart!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Well i sent him an offer of $300 exactly half of what hes asking for it and now im just waiting to see if he will take the offer..if so..i will be a new kat owner..if not my search continues..

Comment

Welcome to KR.

Comment

Working...
                              X