X

Old poster returning...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
    Mojoe is like that. Actually I thought the same thing only I have no way of getting to my spare parts right now. I think you will find KR a different place then KP... Some parts are much better, some much worse. maybe it's about the same just amped?

Anyway "handouts" are not what we do here. Lending a hand is what we do.
    BP - thanks. I have enjoyed lurking around and checking it out. Obviously I found things to my liking!

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
      You, Sir, seem like a man who could really benefit from a little "help" from some fellow riders. It is for sure that your "career" is not one of personal wealth, but is one that gives much to others.

I won't suggest taking up a donation for you, because...well....I already mouthed off enough against the whole "taking up monetary collections" bit......but I do have a pile of chains laying around, with a few of them being in pretty decent shape. If I have one that fits, I would gladly send it your way. how are your sprockets? I have a few of those as well....I believe.
      can't help you with tires cuz all I have around are 16 and 18, 19 inch...no 17's. too bad they won't fit cuz they are taking up room.

but you know...there are a few members on here who really have good hearts and are ALWAYS willing to step up to help out a fellow rider, right guys?? I am sure some very "useable" replacement parts could be scrounged up for you.

what is your chain size? 520? 530?
      Absolutely Mike. I had a clear windscreen but not any more. I have a rear OEM tire if you want it. It has much tread on it.
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

Mojoe is trying to get into heaven.....

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!
          2006 Katana 750 (taken by the guy that said he didn't see me)
          2006 VFR800 to replace the broken Kat.

Comment

Originally posted by katriderintampa View Post
            Mojoe - what an incredible offer, wow. I wasn't looking for any handouts so I hope it didn't come across that way. I was going to get to another thread and begin the process of trying to find the best place to buy some parts to get back on the road. But I wanted to thank you for the tremendous act of good will.

I will be honest, I am not sure of the chain size, I could do some research and find out. It is a 2002 Kat 600 with stock drive train, so perhaps that would be enough for someone with more working knowledge of the bike to know off the top of their head.

Thanks again guys/gals...I look forward to being back in the community.
            it's not that "incredible" of an offer. and please, don't consider it a handout.
            It's just a simple case of "your chain is shot", and I happen to have a few laying around from the bikes I parted out. I still have to look them over to make sure I have what you need and that it is worth sending to you.

I will probably end up sending you the one that I just installed on my bike. It's pretty close to new. I put maybe 100 miles on it last fall, but now the bike is being torn down for a rebuild. I went up to a 54 tooth rear sprocket, and the chain is too short. planned on getting a new one anyway.

only problem is I am not sure what the size is. could be a 530, could be a 532. it came off another 1100 kat that I parted out, but I have no idea if it was the stock chain or a conversion. either way, it will work if you have a 530 set-up. you are out of luck if you have a 520 setup.
            I will check it out in the next couple of days.
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

welcome!

Comment

Welcome to KR

THE DOC
                THE DOC
                RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                mistake when you make it again.
                sigpic

Comment

Welcome Pastor! :smt006

Comment

Working...
                  X