X

ex washed up Rockstar..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ex washed up Rockstar..

Discover, share and connect with culture, creativity, sound, images and people.

.. of course said with jest a wee tad of tongue in cheekness
    .. but .. hey-ho here we go. Im 41 (sigh's..) 2 kids, loving wife and wonderful life - (honestly) - and from way back further than i should really be capable of remembering ( i'm a muso thee knowst ) .. ive loved motorcycles. From the humble beginnings of my very first Honda C90 field bike (docker !?!) at 9 yrs old .., i ended up 'chunking' my way thru a whole plethora of big old fours (Z1000,Z900,GS1000,GS850, '03 Bandit 600, Fazer 1000 etc etc..) to now a more (cough) eccentric, 'getting back to my roots' and the endless grin factor search..(lol) 31k- Yamaha RD350LC-YPVS two stroke ( no .. come on now, dont walk away..lol) screaming, carbon footprint munching 'wasp with a amplifier' .. (they are great tho - giggle..) Anywhoooooo, midlife crisis or not, i have always had an affectionate eye for a beautiful "enuff 'z' nuff " target designed Big Kat .. so its out with the 2, & in with the 4, and the foreplay is over, an' at last, ive got myself a Kat

.. or is it ?

Greetings Earthlings
    .." I have a heart condition. If you hit me, it's murder." .. Withnail & I.

Thats the best first post I have ever seen!

Welcome to Katriders!!
    It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

I'm lost, had to have the wife tell me what this says. Where in the UK are you from? She's from Cornwall, think that's who it's spelled. Anyway Welcome!

Comment

Why do drummers sit in the back behind a lot of stuff?

Congrats on the Kat....I have an 82 1100 myself (the REAL Katana), but an RD400 would be a great addition too.

Comment

Cheers for the welcome dudes .. regards my location, i live in a place called Hull .. actually, Kingston Upon Hull to be more accurate. Its sort-of mid England north/east coast, about 2 miles further north east of the Humber Bridge, the 'at one point' longest single span bridge in the world .. ya-know, the one that kicked the Golden Gate bridge's *** n-years ago lol.
          I once saw a film that was made in Cornwall, it was called "Revenge of Billy the Kid.." i think that was the first time i'd wet misen' laughing soooo much at a mere artificial moving pictureer .. i mean TV.
          Eazy

Originally posted by Range View Post
          Why do drummers sit in the back behind a lot of stuff?

... here we go lol

Congrats on the Kat....I have an 82 1100 myself (the REAL Katana), but an RD400 would be a great addition too.
          ... I like your style man.
          Last edited by Captain Splat; 12-28-2007, 07:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Crap ... he likes Range guess you have to be from the other side of the atlantic to like him

Welcome dude
            Guylaine
            Try and keep up now

Comment

hi welcome to the forum the most common conversion for the older kats here in australia is gsxr wheels swing arm / monoshock and upside down forks
              or just get your self a 84 85 86 pop up 750 if you want some conversion photos let me know
              cheers
              jezza':smt006

Comment

Welcome to the zoo.
                Love the bike choices,
                how about one of these???

Comment

Welcome!

I see you played with Sepultura!!
                  Yes!

I grew up listening to them!
                  "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                  JOHN 16:33

Comment

Thanks for such a nice warm welcome y'all .. the more i tread my 'plates of meat' (feet) around this site and its many threads the more im 'Maccy D.' (loving it.) One of the main reasons for coming on here was for the need of more info on Kats before i got out my hacksaw and start cutting.(gulp) Personally i also needed to find out if i was the only Geezah in the U.K to want/own/ride such an animal .. as it stands all my biker friends think ive got a screw loose for ever wanting one in the first place & they are forever trying to get my ageing and 'forever widening' *** onto a newer plastic fantastic sports bike .. but i want non of it, as cruising along at 70/80mph enjoying the scenery and eating flies whilst riding something that no one else in 'my crew' own, is what i love to do.
                    So what, who cares if my old timer cant do 200mph, and cant get around the twisty bits as fast as more modern bikes can, and yes more often than not im the last one to pull into the motorway "choke and pukes," usually to a '**** taking' applause for eventually making it in the first place .. (ohhhh you guys..) but i stand firm that none of their bikes looks as cool, sounds as great and is ultimately steeped in history as much as the Kats are .. i love it, warts an all.

Im sure the purists will have something to say about my ride .. but hey, look at my face, does it look bothered !?! (lol) nahhhhhhh.
                    Anyways, alongside info and jollies to be had on this site, i am after a few nuggets of info & some parts to hopefully do a conversion on a GSX750ES into a Kat 750 .. (please look in my garage..) why not get a 'real Kat' in the first place i hear you ask, well .. im going to 'ditch' most of the stock bike anyways and mine came up for peanuts so i thought it a good starting point, and put my 'hard earned' into other parts for the conversion .. anyways, pointers in the right direction would be most helpful .. thanks in advance..

chin chin

P.s - Love the pikkie of the Kenny Roberts YPVS - er .. does anyone have any Kleenex !?! lol
                    Last edited by Captain Splat; 12-29-2007, 09:06 AM. Reason: im an idiot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaSoldier View Post
                      I see you played with Sepultura!!
                      Yes!

That was what I was going to mention!!

Comment

Yes dude, the band i played bass for many years ago, supported Sepultura at the Archock (?) festival in Germany (1992) suffice to say Max and co were amazing..

Comment

you play with a specula? Watch out ladies!

Comment

lol .. thats funny man, but not an instrument i play with, not that i wouldn't give it a whirl tho . I see you live in Canada Range, i have 'a friend' called Remo who works for Advanced Nutrients in Canada ( he's one strange dude..) beautiful country .. some good riding to be had there huh ?

Comment

Welcome to KR!!

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Working...
                              X