X

New member in MN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member in MN

Greetings all, i have just picked up a 1982 katana 1000,this was put together fairly well,it has a Honda Hawk single sided mono shock rear end, a Honda CBR tail peice,and the Honda wheels,the front end is from a GSXR i think,which brings me to my first of many questions.The front end appears to be around 2 to 3 inches to low,when you put it on blocks to eye ball level it,i see that many people have put the reverse forks etc on there Katana's,but no mention of the height difference,i think this may be contributing to the poor idle,and the brakes diving with so much forward weight.I am a machinist, so i thought of making a new top tripple tree with a offset to raise the bike,or do you have to buy longer tubes,if so from who?I will post some photo's when i get a chance.Does any one know how the Powerbronze fairings from England are,quality/ fit etc, i really like the look of the Viper full fairing, as i would like to make this bike more of a sport/tourer,this would be ideal.This is my first non British bike,i have been riding and restoring Brit iron for longer than i care to remember,so this is something completely different,but can already see that it is going to be a fun ride.I know this bike is older that many that is on KR,but with very low miles,was a good buy.Looking forward to see what this site has to offer,i have never been part of a discussion group before,so this is also new,not really sure how things go quite yet.Let me know your thoughts on the fork issue,thanks.
    Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Welcome to KatRiders!!!!
    I sorry have no answers for your questions, But I am sure there will be someone here that can answer them for you.

That sounds like quite a bike you have there, Can't wait to see pics!!!
    And again Welcome.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Welcome. Wheres about in MN are you located at? There are a few of us here from the Twin Cities area.

Not sure about the forks, maybe they just need a rebuild with new springs
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Welcome to Katriders!!!

I'll leave the answers to your questions to some of the more knowledgeable members
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Welcome to KR and you are in the right place for mods!!!!

and by the way
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I am. but you better stay away from lou he is my friend and you cant play with him.
            PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
            The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

welcome to the site...send me $5

Comment

Originally posted by UFO8MyCow
                I am. but you better stay away from lou he is my friend and you cant play with him.
                I thought you hated me????
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

Welcome to KR!!!
                  Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Working...