X

newbie here, waiting for my first bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie here, waiting for my first bike

hello, everyone! i've recently gained an interest in motorcycles, and am working on getting a katana. there is a yellow 2003 model down at a local shop, brand new asking $4,900. i've got a down payment on it, just waiting for my motorcycle safety course, and gear.

a little about myself, i guess. i work at Flaming Gorge Harley Davidson of Wyoming, as an e-commerce assistant. i drive a 72 vw van, and am working on restoring a 69 amx (which i probably won't touch until riding season is over aside from that, i play guitar, and hackey sack.

i have two friends who ride. they used to have katana's, and both just got new bikes this season. one has a r6, and one has a gsxr. hopefully they'll let me catch up on the straight aways!
    "he who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pains of being a man"- Dr. Gonzo

Welcome to KR bro, I am a HD tech soon to relocate to Ohio and C&A Harley Davidson.

Your friend have good taste in bikes! LOL
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

hey, just out of curiousity... has anyone ever looked into putting a different tail on their kats? like the gsxr? how about an undertail exhaust? what about putting pre-98 fairing on an 03?

what about putting a hayabusa seat, and cowl on the stock tail of the kat?
      "he who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pains of being a man"- Dr. Gonzo

Comment

look in "bodyshop" and "rolling stock" forums, your answers are in there.
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

Originally posted by Pyro Lizard
          hey, just out of curiousity... has anyone ever looked into putting a different tail on their kats? like the gsxr? how about an undertail exhaust? what about putting pre-98 fairing on an 03?

what about putting a hayabusa seat, and cowl on the stock tail of the kat?
          Anything can be done with time and money, but none of those are easy mods.

Welcome!

I think the undertail exhaust would not really be feasable due to the amount of room and amount of travel for under the rear. Now, there are ways to on a Dual exhaust that is not so hard!
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!!!!
            With questions like yours, you will fit right in here!!!
            As far as dressing up the tail look in members store for BraadaJim's solo seat cowls.
            Happy Riding!!!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

welcome! y dont you save yourself the trouble and get a pre-98 kat? i wish i wouldve gotten a used bike as my first bike..that way, i wouldnt have been so "scared" to drop it. cuz you will. sorry, but its the truth.
              Hello World.

Comment

Originally posted by irenekat
                welcome! y dont you save yourself the trouble and get a pre-98 kat? i wish i wouldve gotten a used bike as my first bike..that way, i wouldnt have been so "scared" to drop it. cuz you will. sorry, but its the truth.
                can you handle the truth? well, can you?
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                Who knows what is next?

Comment

Congrats on the hopeful new ride, and welcome to KR.

Hey I know about lizards

Comment

Welcome to Katriders pyro! Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders and are very creative, hope you stick around
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

some good questions, you'll fit right in, welcome.

Comment

hey, thanks for the warm welcome! I can't wait to start riding.

i really like the looks of the used kats, but it is much easier to finance through suzuki direct than going through my bank. plus, a left over 2003 is pretty much the best of both worlds.

i'm not too worried about learning on such a nice machine. if i drop it, all the more reason to paint it black

Comment

welcome, and welcome. Great choice on the beginer bike
                          Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Welcome to KR. Yeah you'll fit right in, buying a new bike & the first thing you want to do is fire up the cutting torch. I love it! Don't worry about keeping up with your friends just yet. Learn the bike & it's idiosynchancies & become a good rider. A good rider on a Kat will more than hold their own against most bikes/bikers.

Comment

Welcome to KR!!
                              Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X