X

FNG from SD

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FNG from SD

Hey all, looks like you guys (and gals) have a great board going here. I'm from San Diego, and I just picked up my first Kat yesterday. Actually it's my first street bike ever. She's a 2000-600-bone stock. I figured I would have a much better time hoppin it up myself than buying one someone else has already had their way with. The bike is in good condition with one exception. The kick stand seems to be fairly loose, and I can't figure out for the life of me how to tighten the damn thing. I tried the main bolt on front, but it looks like it's about as tight as it's going to get. This is a fairly serious problem since the bike keeps dying everytime i go over a bump and the stand falls down. I know there is something stupid I'm missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for having me! -wood
    Attached Files
    You ever take that off any sweet jumps?

Welcome to KR pay close attention to the Southwest fourm cause we ride almost every weekend. Hope to see ya soon.

Check out www.Atozhometheater.com

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!!!!

For the kick stand prob, Have you checked the spring tension?

Happy riding!!!

Fred

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

The sping tension seems fairly stiff, but there is a lot of back and forth throw when it is up. Is it fairly easy to adjust the tension?

Comment

there is a nut on the back side of the main bolt. You might want to make sure that is tight also.

Comment

also if it only seems fairly stiff, u may want to look into replacing that spring... the stand should crisply snap back into position when you put it up.

welcome to KR!!!

Comment

Yea...tried the nut on the back too. Seems tight as can be. Maybe I'm just not cranking it hard enough. Also, one other quick question: How the hell do you get the bike up on the main stand? I've tried this by myself in a slick concrete garage and it seems friggin impossible. Hmmmmm...

Comment

welcome! not too sure bout your kickstand prob. maybe there's something wrong with that switch that cuts off the engine when it's up? maybe thats whats loose?
                Hello World.

Comment

Actually, there are 2 springs in the back, that sort of fit one inside the other to give it its tension. Make sure you have both springs in there.

And welcome!
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

Here is some info on geting your bike on the center stand.

Comment

You guys are awesome...thx for the advice!

Comment

welcome to KR, +1 on what lou said. There should be two springs. The bolt has nothing to do with your stand falling, it's the springs.

Comment

Welcome to Kariders Daewood!!
                          You've already been exposed the vast knowledge people have here
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Welcome to the site Daewood. Sit back and enjoy the reading.
                            Keith Paton
                            Red Kat 600 00 SOLD
                            13 GSXR750

Comment

Welcome to KR dude, stick around, definitely a cool place.
                              "Do or Do Not, There is No Try!"
                              -Yoda

"Ryde or Die"
                              -DMX

Comment

Working...
                              X