Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Im a newbie to this site, but a vetran kat rider!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im a newbie to this site, but a vetran kat rider!!

Hello katriders.
    I am glad to find such a good site dedicated to katanas. I have 1990 600f that ive owned for 5 years. What an excellent bike!! However it is time for some major work to be done. replaced the motor with a newer 600 due to mine having 30,000 miles and some cam chain noise. Putting on new rubbers, painting and polishing the rims and swingarm, and painting the entire bike. As we speak it is hung in the air with nothing on it except the motor and frame but it does run. Just put the other motor in yesterday and got it running with no problems. I was looking at the big air box and wondering if its better to put a factory style K&N filter in or go with the individual cones, can anyone give me feedback on that? Just dont know if it will run properly with cones because with no filters it has a bad hesitation. Thanks. 8)

Welcome to Katriders Hempfest! Sounds like you'll have lots to offer here
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!!!!
      As far as your air ilter question I don't know, But I am sure that there will be lots of ansewrs for you soon.
      Hope you enjoy the forums!!!!

Fred

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Thank you for welcoming me. I hope to help lots of others with questions about bikes because I have been around them all my life. It comes from my father who now rides a really bad ass bike(its american made) He has a Boss Hoss with a 400CI small block chev engine in it. We plan on riding a lot this year as soon as the weather decides to get nice.

Comment

If you put pod filters on your bike instead of running a airbox, then you need a full (Header back) exhasut system, and a stage 3 jet kit.

Just something to keep in mind.

Welcome to the board!
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

I have a full header and yosh pipe on now. If I raise my needles 1mm and go 1 jet size bigger will that work? I just hate the look of that big ass air box, what an air restiction.

Comment

Welcome to KR.. another PA rider, cool deal !! There are alot of us. We're trying to keep up w/ the canucks, but they just keep coming out of the woodwork

Comment

welcome!
                West of Germany
                greetz Carsten

Comment

Ohio and PA newbies, look out Canada! LOL

Welcome Bro!
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                  Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Welcome to KR, glad that you found us!!
                    Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

mmmmhemp!

Comment

welcome, your lucky # 800, I hope you find our site helpfull, your in good hands here.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic13
                          welcome, your lucky # 800, I hope you find our site helpfull, your in good hands here.
                          ALLSTATE? since when did we start selling insurance?

www.vwvortex.com
                          I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
                          Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

Comment

HA HA, #800's fingers are sore as hell tonight from sanding my wheels so I can polish them. The 800 grit burned through my finger tip . I might have you some finished pics this weekend. Cant wait to have it all done .

Comment

Welcome and post pics when you get um done. Hope all that hard work pays off.
                              Keith Paton
                              Red Kat 600 00 SOLD
                              13 GSXR750

Comment

Working...
                              X