I don't belong here

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't belong here

Greetings Katana Riders!

Ok, well... I think I better start this off with a small confession. I don't really ride a Katana. Never have actually, and to be perfectly honest,... I'm not likely ever going to. Nothing against Katanas mind you, I've admired them from a distance for the few years that I've been riding.

With that out of the way, I'll further goad the lynch mob by letting you know up front that I ride a cruiser. It's not even remotely similar to all the sleek, stream-lined sport-touring Katanas that you're used to,.. it's bulky, heavy and hp-deprived.

A couple of fellas I know use to ride Katanas until just recently, and they had suggested that I cruise by and say hello, so here I am. As for an actual introduction... well lets see. When I'm not riding, I'm off saving the rain forest and fighting "The Man". I help to feed the hungry, and cloth the apparell-impaired. Often I can be found feeding small furry animals so as to help them survive the rugged Canadian winter. In my spare time I like to wait by intersections and help feeble elderly women across the street.

Yup, I'm just you're regular non-Katana-riding-Joe. Nice to meet you.
    When in danger, or in doubt;
    Run in circles, scream and shout.

SO you're a hippie ? That's fine , lots of hippies here (no I am NOT a hippie Kieth!) . Lots of non-Kat riders here and a couple of cruiser riders , as well . I don't think anybody minds at all . It's the SQUIDS that we don't like !
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Hi IB, everyone is welcome here!!
      Welcome to Katriders, and a fellow Canadian by the sounds of it
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Re: I don't belong here

Originally posted by iB
        I'll further goad the lynch mob by letting you know up front that I ride a cruiser. It's not even remotely similar to all the sleek, stream-lined sport-touring Katanas that you're used to,.. it's bulky, heavy and hp-deprived.
        You don't ride one of these hulking beasts.... DO YOU!?!?!?!?!?

Awwww man... who let this guy in??

I thought we alreay had our token cruiser rider?

Oh well.

BTW..awesome ride profile

Comment

OMG..the ride profile is hillarious...especially since it was written by a cruiserboi!

Where in Canada you from...could you at least narrow it down to a particular province hippy?

Comment

Thanks folks for the warm welcome.
            md86
            SO you're a hippie ?
            Well, no... not quite. My altruistic tendencies might have been slighly inflated in a poorly delivered sarcasm bout in my first post. I'll keep an eye out for any marine animals with 8 appendages... they could be anywhere.

Though I am kind of curious, how did the jackass demographic of the riding community manage to get called 'squids'?
            Katgirl
            Welcome to Katriders, and a fellow Canadian by the sounds of it
            Thanks Katgirl! Yup, I'm 100% Canuck, and have the income tax forms to prove it. As I understand it, there's a fairly health Canadian contingent on these forums. Very cool indeed. A bunch of people all suffering from cabin fever, hopped up on maple syrup, and anxious to earn every penny of the insurance spent dollars. YEEHAW!
            Junior
            You don't ride one of these hulking beasts.... DO YOU!?!?!?!?!?
            Not today I'm not. <grumble grumble>
            Junior
            BTW..awesome ride profile
            Thanks, didn't know if anyone actually read those or not.
            Range
            Where in Canada you from...could you at least narrow it down to a particular province hippy?
            Must have been a pretty good party yesterday if you can't recall how to get here. I'm about a 10-15 minute ride away from you're place. Well,.. 10-15 minutes for a cruiser, probably about 2-3 minutes on a Daytona. :P

Comment

I bet you shop at "The Beer Store" for your clothes too!

nice avatar pic...looks like some defunct sports team logo, you are such a Rebel!

Comment

Range:
                I bet you shop at "The Beer Store" for your clothes too! Laughing

nice avatar pic...looks like some defunct sports team logo, you are such a Rebel!
                Don't go knocking a top quality pair of slippers. Comfortable and functional... if you turn them over and slop 1/2 a beer on the floor they work pretty well as a mop.

I've been using that as an avatar for about 3 years now... you're the first to spot the source.

Comment

Originally posted by iB
                  Range:
                  I bet you shop at "The Beer Store" for your clothes too! Laughing

Don't go knocking a top quality pair of slippers. Comfortable and functional... if you turn them over and slop 1/2 a beer on the floor they work pretty well as a mop.

I've been using that as an avatar for about 3 years now... you're the first to spot the source.
                  I notice things! Umm...THREE days on the same underwear?

Comment

Oh crap, I think the Ottawa plague is growing again. Welcome anyways, see you in a month or so ( but I won't actually ride with you...it's the cruiser thing , you understand )
                    Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
                    Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by JACKAL
                      Oh crap, I think the Ottawa plague is growing again. Welcome anyways, see you in a month or so ( but I won't actually ride with you...it's the cruiser thing , you understand )
                      A MONTH? What's takin you so long? Getting your hair done before you come up???

Comment

Sweet ride man. I am going to catch hell for this, But my most favorite bike I have ever had was a 97 1100 Honda Shadow. I loved that bike and wish I had never sold it. I was thinking of begging the wife into letting me buy a new one this year.

Welcome to KR!!
                        If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

Another Canadian? Just kidding. Welcome iB! Nice bike and funny as heck profile. I could care less what a person rides as long as they have fun. I ride with a group that has all kinds of bikes.

Comment

Nice ride, Welcome to Katriders.
                            Kyle

Comment

welcome to KR, what bike do you ride?

Comment

Working...
                              X