• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arsenic13
    welcome to KR, what bike do you ride?
    Dude... read the post!

Comment

[quote="iB"]Thanks folks for the warm welcome.
      I'll keep an eye out for any marine animals with 8 appendages... they could be anywhere.

Though I am kind of curious, how did the jackass demographic of the riding community manage to get called 'squids'?
      I'm pretty sure squids have 10 appendages. However, I want to know the answer to that question too.

Welcome aboard!
      Ride like your life depends on it.

Comment

[quote="SoloScott"]
        Originally posted by iB
        Thanks folks for the warm welcome.
        I'll keep an eye out for any marine animals with 8 appendages... they could be anywhere.

Though I am kind of curious, how did the jackass demographic of the riding community manage to get called 'squids'?
        I'm pretty sure squids have 10 appendages. However, I want to know the answer to that question too.

Welcome aboard!
        look at the new guy calling out the newer guy....hey Scott...iB pm'd me...he said blue was a "gay" colour...DON"T LET HIM GET AWAY WITH THAT!

Comment

Actually.... they're both kinda correct.

Squids have 8 appendages and 2 tentacles.

Comment

Originally posted by Junior

Thank you Mythbuster guy!

Comment

Did somebody tell all these candians that its ok to hang out here.. Sheesh !!!

Welcome to KatRiders!

Comment

Originally posted by Range

I'm here to help.

Comment

SoloScott:
                  Welcome aboard!
                  Yup, you're right. At least according to wikipedia. Fascinating information on your friend, the squid. I figured I'd try to find an answer to both questions.

As for the 'motorcycle squid' - a few different results. A few mangled acronyms. Or the following definition offered up by the
                  Motorcycle Bikers Dictionary:
                  Squid - Acronym, SQUirrely kID. 1. In reference to younger MC riders with little respect to posted speed limit laws, self safety or safety of others. 2. Inexperienced newcomer, someone trying to ride beyond his skill level with arms flailing (like a squid) to try not to fall. This may be just a Southern term. 3. Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Imminantly Dead. 4 Any SportBike Rider - seems this term got twisted along the way and has many meanings. 5 Sportbike riders who wear tennis shoes or flip flops, shorts, tshirts, etc. on their nice shiny new sport bikes. 6 Anyone that rides without all proper gear , rides recklessly, or rides beyond their limits.
                  Junior:

Blessed be the peace makers. Of course... I'm not sure you qualify as a peace maker.... I recall an incident in Fisher's Grocery parking lot ... but we don't need to get into that here.
                  Jackal:
                  Oh crap, I think the Ottawa plague is growing again. Welcome anyways, see you in a month or so ( but I won't actually ride with you...it's the cruiser thing , you understand
                  No worries. I know there are appearances to keep up and what not. Imagine the anarchy if the sporties & cruisers were to intermingle!
                  SlytlyDeranged:
                  Sweet ride man. I am going to catch hell for this, But my most favorite bike I have ever had was a 97 1100 Honda Shadow. I loved that bike and wish I had never sold it.
                  It's never too late to come back to the cruiser side of the line. Honda had a nice bike with the Shadow line. At one point I gave serious consideration to the 2002 Shadow Spirit (I think), but was a little late as it got discontinued in 2003 I believe.
                  Zukiman:
                  Another Canadian? Just kidding. Welcome iB! Nice bike and funny as heck profile. I could care less what a person rides as long as they have fun. I ride with a group that has all kinds of bikes.
                  Thanks Zukiman. We Canadians are an insidious lot, no point in trying to deny it. Just like bathroom mold, we get in, stick around and never leave. Hmmm.. come to think of it, that analogy may only apply to my bathroom.
                  woobie:
                  Nice ride, Welcome to Katriders.
                  Thanks Woobie.
                  arsenic13:
                  welcome to KR, what bike do you ride?
                  I've got a Vulcan Nomad. I just got it a couple of months ago, before that I was riding a VStar 1100.
                  Need4Speed750:
                  Did somebody tell all these candians that its ok to hang out here.. Sheesh !!!

Welcome to KatRiders!
                  Thanks muchly.
                  When in danger, or in doubt;
                  Run in circles, scream and shout.

Comment

damn kanucks

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
                      Originally posted by Range

I'm here to help.

You've seen the light
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Thanks for the squid info, iB. That "gay" comment that you sent to Range was uncalled for. Leave it to cruiser-riding Canadians to come to an otherwise peaceful community and rustle feathers
                        Ride like your life depends on it.

Comment

SoloScott:
                          That "gay" comment that you sent to Range was uncalled for. Leave it to cruiser-riding Canadians to come to an otherwise peaceful community and rustle feathers
                          Solo - you've got to ask yourself one question.

"Would I trust a man that posed for a picture like this?"

I'll just point out now that the stylish, pink-shirt-wearing, poodle walker above is current Daytona rider, and an ex-Katana rider. I write that up to Katana's good fortune. :P I can just about guarantee he hasn't ever ridden on a Vulcan Nomad.

@ Range - Don't think for a second that that picture is going to disappear anytime soon, I took the liberty of saving a copy for future use.
                          When in danger, or in doubt;
                          Run in circles, scream and shout.

Comment

Great. Another Ottowa guy I have to ride with when I come up there
                            Kan-O-Gixxer!
                            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                            -Ohlins Susupension
                            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                              Great. Another Ottowa guy I have to ride with when I come up there
                              We're gonna make one helluva gang... whenever you decide to get your @ss up here that is...

Comment

Originally posted by SoloScott
                                Thanks for the squid info, iB. That "gay" comment that you sent to Range was uncalled for. Leave it to cruiser-riding Canadians to come to an otherwise peaceful community and rustle feathers
                                You tell him Scott... those cruiser guys...thinking that they are "all that" not knowing STYLE

Comment

Working...
                                X