Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

I just inherited a KAT, I need some help!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just inherited a KAT, I need some help!

Hi gang...I just inherited a 90' Katana 1100. It belonged to my cousin. He passed on in 94 and the bike has sat since then. When he passed he was in the middle of some work on the bike. Unfortunatley in all the time that has passed some of the parts have been lost. I am trying to put the bike back together and am looking for the entire front cowl section....frame and plastic, including windshield and headlight. I have the gauges but that is it. I have found the parts as OEM from dealers but that is ridiculously expensive. I am willing to take used and scratched as i have a very good painter. Any help would be apreciated.

Thank you...Mark Dowdy

I have a windscreen (lots of light scratches) and a birdcage that looks a little tweaked. I think I also have the motor for the power windscreen (but not the mechanism that attaches to the motor to raise the screen

Comment

have u tried ebay go to ebaymotors under the parts section and type in katana 1100 or just suzuki katana if not may be specialk who is a member here can help u
      "LOOK EARL ITS KARMA'S ARMY MADE UP OF THE PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD"

Comment

Can that windscreen and birdcage be put together and used as a solid unit with no power assembley?

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders Doc88. Glad to have you with us!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Mojoe has parts...he whores them...I mean HOARDS them

Comment

Whats up Doc!! lol

Great bike!!!!
              TDA Racing/Motorsports
              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
              Who knows what is next?
              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Welcome to the bored. Nice to see another 1100 member. I would check on ebay. I beleive you can also buy after market plastics, but teh quality may not be as good as the OEM.
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

Welcome to KR!!!

Mojoe or frankenkat would be your best bet for parts
                  Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR Doc..
                    BTW the Yahoo group is all but deleted.
                    I'm guessing when Yahoo sends the auto delete it will be gone..

Good luck with the Kat and as we will all agree
                    Ebay is a surprising source for parts..

Comment

Welcome to KR. Ebay is a good source for parts. Just take your time & wait for the right deal. There's also several salvage yards online, but be prepared for some pricey stuff.

Comment

Welcome to Katriders Mark, you should find a lot of help around here, good luck with your bike
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Welcome to KR and I'm sure with the wonderful members that we have here we'll be able to get that bike up and running for ya.
                          -jason

Welcome to Katriders! Click Here to Register

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Comment

Welcome to KR! E-bay will be your best friend for a while.

Comment

welcome welcome, hope u get the bike together easy n stress free!
                              Hello World.

Comment

Working...
                              X