New Katana owner and new user on KR

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Katana owner and new user on KR

Hello all!

I hope to be talking and discussing with all of you soon. I just purchased a '98 (Red) Katana 600 with 7K miles. I just got done installing a bolt-on Yoshi Carbon fiber exhaust. Everything else is pretty much stock. While I'm posting, I have a question: Has anyone installed or seen the indiglo gauges for the Katana? They look pretty sweet on the product website. Opinions? Install difficulty?

Also, similar question. I don't seem to have a clock on my bike.. I suppose this is normal. There is an empty gauge on my bike with the 'Suzuki' logo. Wonder what happened? Anyways, hope to talk with everyone soon! I've been lurking for a few days and decided it's for my benefit to sign up.

Go Vols! UT '05 Grad

Welcome
    PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
    The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

First Welcome to KR!!!

The indiglo gauges are very easy to install and are great. They do require the removal of the fairings so that you can get access to the front headlight and dash assembly but once that is done there is nothing to it. They have great instructions.

All the 98 600's did not have a clock while the 750's did. The only solution to this would be to install a 750 dash
      Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

The one thing that has frustrated me with the Katana so far is getting the bike on the center stand. I'm sure many of you are laughing at this, but I'm sure some have had issues when they first got their bike. Any tricks? I know balance comes into play, and rocking it backwards doesnt seem to help too much =/ My old dirt bike stand definately doesnt work either, I will just eventually learn this centerstand!

Go Vols! UT '05 Grad

Comment

Thanks UFO. Haggisman - Thanks for the info. I may purchase them shortly. I love both your bikes btw. Those visual mods on the Kat really flow.

Go Vols! UT '05 Grad

Comment

Welcome to KR Accidental. There are some on here with those gauges and the seem pretty easy of an install. The center stand is kinda difficult at first but there are some hints posted up all ready (use the search button) See you around the boards man.
            1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
            2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
            Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Thanks BearKat. I assumed there were topics already posted. Ill get a'searchin. Thanks!

Go Vols! UT '05 Grad

Comment

The stand is tricky, you need to almost get your body into it, takes practise thats all.

Welcome to Katriders, glad you found us
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Welcome to KR>

Check out www.Atozhometheater.com

Comment

Welcome fellow Tennesseean. The center stand is just something learned. Glad you like the site and decided to join up. Just about every subject is coverd and can be found with the search button. Once again welcome to KR and enjoy the ride.

P.S. There is going to be a Rally up at the GAP in July for the site. Check out the forum for that.
                    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Thanks Highsight,
                      I will most likely go to the rally, I definately want to see your bike. The Gap is only a short drive from my home.

Go Vols! UT '05 Grad

Comment

Welcome to KR. Get on eof your buddies to ride shotgun on the right side of the bike & practice putting the bike on the centerstand. By the 4th or 5th time it'll seem like old hat.

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Welcome aboard! 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Accidental
                              Thanks Highsight,
                              I will most likely go to the rally, I definately want to see your bike. The Gap is only a short drive from my home.
                              Hey any chance you get make mention of how close to the GAP you are to Need4Speed. It drives him nuts. I get to Knoxville ever so often with work. I work for TEMA and we have a an office up there. I think everybody wants to see my bike for some reason. I just hope I can keep it in one piece for the rally. You live in KNOX county right? I know the GAP is over in BLOUNT county. So that would put you at the GAP in about what 20-30 minutes tops?
                              www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Working...
                              X