No announcement yet.
X

New Katana owner and new user on KR

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh God !! another one close to the gap to rub it in !!!! That's all HS2020 needs is more people to rag on me with

WElcome to KR.. The illumiglo gauges are awesome. Many of us on here have them. Check out one of our vendors here on KR, speedwerks, they can hook you up with these and many other mods too.

Comment

Highsight - Yes, I am in Knox Co (specifically off of Cedar Bluff in West Knoxville).. It's about a 30 minute drive if you are in a hurry.
      Need4Speed - Sorry I live close to the gap, I can't help it.. really. It's amazing how popular that road is in the motorcycle and automotive world.

There are acually some captivating roads here in Knox and Loudon counties. I'll try to get out every day with spring around the corner.

Go Vols! UT '05 Grad

Comment

welcome...you need a roommate?

Comment

Not at the moment =)

Go Vols! UT '05 Grad

Comment

Welcome to KR!!!
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by Accidental
              Not at the moment =)
              how about around July 18th....and how hard is it to get a green card?

Comment

I have a 99 kat 750, and I have the same empty suzuki logo gauge.

Indiglo gauges are not that hard, if you know how to use screwdrivers and stuff.

As for the center stand, the trick is not to "Lift" the bike, but to step "Down" on the center stand peg, and just steady the bike as it pops up.

Remember, putting force down, not up

Welcome to the bored!
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

Welcome to KR! There is lots of useful information here.

First thing. check out http://www.speedwerks.com they have the indiglo gauges. Plus if you mention that your from this site they give you a discount. They are one of our sponsors.

Second. The clock is an addon. I have an '01 and the clock was on my bike when I bought it. I think you can purchase this part from a suzuki dealer and it goes where you have the little empty gauge with the suzuki logo.

Third. The center stand is tricky at first. Step on it with your right foot. Left hand on the handlebar. Right hand on the rear foot peg and lift with your right hand while stepping down on the stand. Pops right up. Don't have to be a big person to get it up on the center stand at all. Just takes technique.
                  -jason

Welcome to Katriders! Click Here to Register

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Comment

Thanks for all the info. I will visit speedwerks and mention KR upon purchase.

Go Vols! UT '05 Grad

Comment

welcome to KR! the gauges area a great mod, your lucky youhave a 98, the first year you can get those gauges. Again, welcome, and I'll see you around the fourms

Comment

welcome to KR! 8)
                        West of Germany
                        greetz Carsten

Comment

Working...
                        X