X

been riding for 4 days now.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• been riding for 4 days now.

and the katana is a great bike to learn on i think.

i just bought a '03 600. its my first bike... obviously... but there is a few things i gotta work on, so i figured finding a forum for it would be a great idea.

You came to the right place, welcome to KR.

Comment

Wow, wicked, congratulations on your first bike! I'm sure you'll get years of enjoyment out of it!

May I suggest hooking up with the MSF? They have a great training course that gets you going safely, and includes stuff like last second maneuvers. Fun course, and still useful to me nearly twenty years after I first took it. In fact, I'm planning on having my wife take it this year, and I'm thinking I'll be taking it again as a refresher.

You would also do well to master the search function, found at the top of most pages. Thousands of questions have already been answered, and you don't have to wait for someone to answer you - it's already done!

Congratulations again! I bet I'm not the only person who would love to see pics of your new ride!

Comment

yeah i will have to snag some pics tomorrow when its daylight.

and i know what you mean with the search feature. i am on a forum for my car and it gets annoying seeing the same questions being asked over and over again.

and il look into that coarse... it sounds very useful

Comment

Heh, ok, right on.

yah, the course is awesome. It's two hundred bucks, but to me that's like really cheap insurance.

Oh, hey, while I'm thinking about it - might be a good idea to consider taking the plastic off of your bike for about six months. You'll probably be happier that way.

Comment

.... why is that...

Comment

Because it's likely that you'll drop it. It's very common to drop it for one reason or another in the first year, usually something you end up kicking yourself for. Starting it in gear and letting of the clutch (while not on it,) trying to ride away with a wheel lock still in place, just losing it in the garage - happens all the time. If you like the way it looks now, you should consider removing it, unless you like doing body work.

Not trying to put the fear in you - it's doubtful you'll have an actual wreck, especially if you're careful. It's just common to drop it at 5 mph or less when starting out.

Comment

Welcome to Katriders.
                2006 Katana 750 (taken by the guy that said he didn't see me)
                2006 VFR800 to replace the broken Kat.

Comment

Welcome!

Long Live the D

Comment

Welcome to KR and good luck on the work!
                    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome to KR and congrats on the bike

winner takes the crown

Comment

Welcome to KR!

Instead of removing your fairing, I highly recommend you grab some sliders. If you PM Braunstein, you can order them from him. It might be the best hundred something bucks you spend!

Kat Attack, you have excellent taste in helmets!
                        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                        JOHN 16:33

Comment

Oh yah, that would be a better answer. I forget about them because I have a pre-98. Never crosses my mind, since I can't really get them...

Comment

welcome to kr

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the forum and congrats!
                              00 Katana 750

Comment

Working...
                              X