X

No power 04 katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No power 04 katana

Hey y’all. So on yesterday I rode around on my girl for bout an hr and a half. She did backfire a few times which she’s never done before. I stopped at a store and when I came out she wouldn’t start. I called for a jump and still nothing. The clock is on but when I turn the ignition the clock dims to off, there’s no power to the lights, horn or odometer. The only lights that come on are the neutral and the oil light. I checked the starter relay and the 30a was fine. I even put in my brand new spare relay and still same. I had her in first and the battery connected when I removed the relay and she acted like she wanted to crank and she started moving. Had to quickly disconnect the battery to get her to stop. I’m at a complete loss as to what the problem could be. Anybody got any suggestions on where or what to check next?

Sounds like I would look into switch pod on the handlebar if it is trying to start without the switch being depressed, or maybe a starter problem.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
      and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.

Comment

Working...
      X