No announcement yet.
X

Just another street fighter B12 swap...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just another street fighter B12 swap...

So Iíve never built a bike... but Iíve always wanted to do a Zuki or Honda with no fairings, fat meat out back and stacks peaking out from under the tank.

I got a screaming deal on a 01 Kat 600 that has some cosmetic and fueling issues... but not before securing a running and compression tested 01 Bandit 1200 motor with a warranty.

my plan is to mill the head for some compression, and roll a performance carburetor rack for now...

not sure what clutch to use for the 600f 6 speed with a B12 swap... people always say upgrade the chain but Iíve yet to see a thread where they discuss the clutch...

this and many more tech questions led me to KatRiders.

Updates to follow.

Google
    "Frankensteinís guide to oil cooled engines"

I don't think you can use the B6 box though

Needs some thought, working out and lots of checking
    ďAnything that happens, happens. Anything that, in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen.
    Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again. It doesnít necessarily do it in chronological order, though.Ē
    ― Douglas Adams

Comment

...Why upgrade the clutch at all? If you're dropping in a B12 motor, it includes the B12 clutch. The entire transmission is part of the engine...
      If you are worried about the B12 clutch not being beefy enough for the carbs/compression bump, you're going to have WAY better luck visiting Bandit forums to see what folks do. A teeny fraction of members here upgraded to B12 motors, fewer still modded them. But on Bandit forums, you betcha folks have modded those engines, cause ya know...it came with their bike...
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
        ...Why upgrade the clutch at all? If you're dropping in a B12 motor, it includes the B12 clutch. The entire transmission is part of the engine...
        If you are worried about the B12 clutch not being beefy enough for the carbs/compression bump, you're going to have WAY better luck visiting Bandit forums to see what folks do. A teeny fraction of members here upgraded to B12 motors, fewer still modded them. But on Bandit forums, you betcha folks have modded those engines, cause ya know...it came with their bike...
        I was thinking I would house the 6 speed box- I see now itís easier to just drop in the b12/5 speed combo and let Ďer rip.

Comment

Working...
        X