X

1990 gsx600f

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 gsx600f

I cannot figure out what the issue is but I have a 1990 gsx600f and it will start and idle perfectly and rides like a dream but about 20 min into riding once it warms up it will bog down when I go from a stop. And once it bogs down it will continue to do so until the next day once its sat for awhile has anyone had this happen to them or know what the issue is???

Hey it sounds like your running rich do you know what your air fuel screws are set at usually 2.5 turns out from lightly seated is a good starting point also don't forget to check your air filter if it's dirty it can cause a rich condition too

Comment

No I just got the bike so I will check that tonight and see if there is any difference thanks!

Comment

is there any other issues you can think of because I feel like air mixture screw was too rich it wouldn't idle properly

Comment

If it was rich it would start idle and run great on startup but after warm up it would idle okay and be boggy especially on takeoff at low rpms .the next day after the engine cools down it would do the same thing start well run well then it would get boggy after warm up try this when you do a cold start give it a little choke does the rpms go up ? Or does the rpms go down and stall the bike out? that will give you an" idea" of how rich it is. do you know what your air fuel screws are set at now ?

Comment

Okay yeah that makes sense. And yes the rpms go up to 4k with the choke on and then drop to 1k when off and no I just got off work so I will check it out and let you know. Thanks for the help by the way

Comment

Working...
            X