Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 gsx600f

​​​​1990 gsx 600f

So I have a couple questions.

1. Where exactly is the air fuel screws? I know there on the front of the carb and that you need to either take them off to access it or find a 90 degree screw driver but I've looked/felt around for them and do not see them. Also what is the stock setting for the screws?

2. The screw that is connected to the tube that runs to the center bottom of the carburetors is the idle screw correct? I would imagine you should put the fuel air mixture screws to stock settings before you mess with the idle screw?

PS the bike runs it just boggs down for a minute and would die if I had the bike at high rpms and let the clutch out fast. Even if I pulled the clutch back in it would still die so I figured its running lean?

Any help would be much appriated and pictures would be even better thanks!
    + More Options

Hey the fuel screws are on the bottom of your carbs more so on the side towards the back of your bike you may not be able to see them if they still have the plugs in them stock setting for the screws is 1.75 turns out but I would recommend starting at 2.5 turns out from a lightly seated position as the stock setting is a little lean ,you are correct the cable that runs out from the bottom middle is the idle adjust you can set it so it doesn't die but the idle won't be consistent until the carbs are set and synced correctly

Comment

OK thank you!

Comment

I think your looking at the butterfly adjustment screws look at picture 2 in this eBay ad. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1988-Suzuki-...0e2c%7Ciid%3A1 the place where the screw is is on the bottom inbetweem the 2 screws that hold the carb on the rail

Comment

7fge71U.jpg

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
          X