X

New to the forum in South Alabama

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the forum in South Alabama

I bought a black and silver 2006 Katana 600 with 3001 miles for $5K on 3/31/2007. It is my first street bike and I chose this bike because my wife wanted to learn to ride and it's a great all around bike to ride. I rode the bike home and it started raining as soon as I got home. I changed clothes and left for work a few minutes later. While I was gone my wife,her sister,and their friend decided to roll it out of the shed and listen to it run. My wife said I made riding look so easy (I had several dirt bikes before I met her). SO EASY that she decided to ride it while I was at work. To her credit she can ride a four wheeler and was not afraid to try the bike. On her maiden voyage she dropped the bike 15 ft from where she started and broke her arm (the radius bone at the elbow socket). The bike was fine but her arm had to be in a sling for the next 4-6 weeks during which we went on vacation. It had a few scratches when we bought it so that's out of the way. I found this site looking for opinions on slip-on exhausts and decided to join. I hope luck is better from here on out.

Great site! Thanks.

John

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the bike!
    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome to KR
      Watch for your Guardian Angel
      750 '04 Kat (blue)

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders jday240.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Welcome to KR!
          Sorry about your wifey. That is rough.
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

glad ya found us, welcome, sorry about the wife thing.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

welcome!

Comment

Welcome from the southeast! That actually happened to me, when I bought my Katana in Miami. Never having rode a motorcycle b4, they dropped it of at my condo, and I presummed to teach myself in the parking lot.. Pulled it into my parking space, put the stand down (I thought), and WHAM! right on my leg. These bikes are heavy, I tell you! No broken bones though, so I should consider myself lucky i guess. The best thing is, I have never underestimated its weight again!

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders.
                      2005 Katana 750 Traded 04/08
                      2008 Concours 14
                      www.myspace.com/nc_kat750

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!!!! Ride safe.........

Comment

Thank you all - I have enjoyed the forum and learned a great deal in a short time.

Comment

Welcome...i'm a noob too.

Comment

Working...
                            X