Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi

Hey, I just purchased my first bike and was told that this website had the best info about it. My bike is a 1990 Suzuki Katana 750 with 27000 miles on it. It had a few things wrong with it but I am going to fix it myself. Some of the problems were a broken mirror, broken blinker, choke stuck, needs new fork seals, and the carbs need to be cleaned because it has been sitting for close to two years. I don't know much about motorcycles, but I am planning on doing all the work on the bike myself and hope to get some good information on here. I have had my license for a year and rode my parents cruisers, but decided I wanted a sportbike instead. I am hoping to have my bike ready to go by next weekend and hopefully the weather will clear up here.

I am still learning about this bike and if anyone knows of any quirks or things that tend to go on this bike, I would like to know.

Welcome to KR!
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

welcome, good luck getting the bike on the road quickly.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Welcome to KR

THE DOC
        THE DOC
        RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
        Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
        mistake when you make it again.
        sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR
          PAUL
          93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!!!!! Ride safe.........

Comment

welcome.
              Keep right except to pass!
              myspace.com/brianlmullins

Comment

Oh no! -You can't do anything without a choke on a Kat.

Welcome to the forum!
                =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome to KR. Get used to using the SEARCH tool and it will be your best friend. When you do a search be sure to select " search all terms ", this will help you get more results.
                  2005 Katana 750 Traded 04/08
                  2008 Concours 14
                  www.myspace.com/nc_kat750

Comment

welcome!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, I have the bike in pieces all over the garage and figured out the choke slider bar is bent in 3 places and pretty mangled, new parts are ordered, 7-10 days shipping, so probably no riding this next weekend. Still have to replace the fork seals, which looks like it will take some time. I think I need a new front tire too, as the one on the bike has weather cracking all around right next to the rim.

Comment

Welcme to KR!

Comment

Welcome to KR !
                          sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

welcome to the KR online-manual help desk..

Comment

It's a fun bike man. I'm new too and have the 89 version. Check eBay for parts. it's the best selection of OEM stuff I know of. You should post pics. Definitely need a working choke. I'd be screwed without it

Comment

Working...
                              X