X

New rider in Maryland

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rider in Maryland

Just wanted to introduce myself. I pick up my 2006 Katana 600cc next week. It was a tough decision since I learned how to ride about ten years ago on my friend's GSXR 750, I then went on to buy a 250 cc Ninja (was smart enough to start small). I got the Kat after I had decided to buy a new 650R but finally decided on a Kat since they were on sale $1,000 off of MSRP at the local dealership. It was the best bang for the buck as far as new bikes go. I'm sure I'll enjoy it as long as I can endure the friendly jokes from two of my co-workers, one is a Busa rider. If anyone is near Aberdeen, MD let me know when and where you ride.
    SFC Smith US Army Iraqi War Veteran.
    Honda 919 Rider

Welcome to KR. Don't worry bout the co-workers. They have no clue why people love the katana so much. Welcome to KR. And remember any fool can race stop light to stop light.

Remember, Caps Lock is Cruise Control for Cool

Comment

Welcome to KR! Just tell your co-workers they are not Ben Spies so just chill out.
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

You're the one who has to be happy with your ride. The first day I rolled up on my Kat at work, I got the whole 'Kanatuna' bit from my co-workers too. Not everyone's into speed. For those days I am, I jump on my ZX, but when I'm more subdued, the Kat fits the ticket. It's well-balanced. handles well, has enough power and fits most people like a glove. Someone here said it best a couple of weeks back when they said the Katana is the Swiss Army Knife of motorcycles. It does it all pretty well.

Welcome to KR and ride safe!
        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!!!!!!! Ride safe..........

Comment

welcome!

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome to KR !
                sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

Welcome to KR

What color kat did you get?
                  Live To Ride, Ride To Live.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackburnD
                    Welcome to KR. Don't worry bout the co-workers. They have no clue why people love the katana so much. Welcome to KR. And remember any fool can race stop light to stop light.
                    +1
                    2005 Katana 750 Traded 04/08
                    2008 Concours 14
                    www.myspace.com/nc_kat750

Comment

welcome

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Welcome to KR

THE DOC
                        THE DOC
                        RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                        Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                        mistake when you make it again.
                        sigpic

Comment

welcome
                          '99 Suzuki GSXF
                          '67 BSA Spitfire
                          '73 Triumph trident
                          '35 AJS 350 side valve
                          '72 XS2 Yamaha 650
                          '51 BSA A10 Golden Flash
                          sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders. I hope you enjoy your Kat as much as we all do.
                            It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Working...
                            X