X

Hello, complete noob here

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, complete noob here

Hello all. I found this site from a member from kp.com I used to read alot from that forum, and post a few posts. (winter of 04) I am in love with sport bikes. You might find this odd, due to the fact that I do not own one yet. In March I am taking a state sponsored safety motorcycle class, so I learn to ride a bike, and learn to ride it safetly. I am really curious as to which bike would be the best starter bike for me. I have done alot of reading and have read that something in the 600cc class is a good start. I heard Ninjas are great to start with, and also that katanas are great to start with. I personally like the look of the katana better, but I heard that a 600cc katana is slower than an 600cc ninja, but I do not know if this is true. I am a gear head when it comes to cars, and I love to tune my car every chance I get. When I am done with my class in March in motorcycle safety, I plan on financing a motorcycle and I am interested to know the opinions of the members here on what I should look out for, and consider. I am all about safety, for I do not want to become part of the asphalt. Thank you.

Go for that Katana 600, it would make a much better starter bike than the Ninja 600. The Kat is much more forgiving, and it leaves a lot of room to grow. Trust me, you will not be disapointed!
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

thanks, I have been reading sport rider, and cycle world magazine, and I have not seen any articles about a new kat 600 for 2005. Did suzuki stop manufacturing these bikes, or are the magazines I am reading biast?

Comment

It appears taht 2005 will be the last production year for our current Kats. Weather they replace it with something enw and comparable to it, well, that waits to be seen.
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders. Well your off to a good start with the safety class.They will teach you alot of important and usefull skills. As far as which bike to start with, I would start with the 600 Kat. No matter which bike you pick the most important purchase you will have to make is the right gear(Helmet,jacket,gloves,rideing pants,and boots)It will save you lots of pain if or when you go down,It could also save your life! If you have any questions about Kats or gear you are in the right place, Lots of knowlageable people hear so ask away.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Like I said, when I finish my state safety course, and get my liscence I plan on purchasing my fist bike. (in march) Is it true the yellow ones are the fastest? lol

Comment

No red is fastest!!!!!
              And blue is real close to red!!!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

lol, that explains why my car owns so many others! ^_^ I plan on getting full leathers and a helmet with the face shield (fog resistant and all) I am saving up for all of the goodies, and I am excited beyond belief. I can not wait for the course to begin! ^_^

Comment

Don't listen to Suzuki2000. The Blue ones are faster! Welcome
                  Common sense is great, it's just not all that common.

Comment

Welcome
                    Bike is sold

Comment

Welcome to the best site on today and welcome to motorcycling. The Katana 600 is the best way to go. Speed is not something to worry about when you first get on a Steel Horse. Safety is number one, speed is third from last. Always start off small and slow, not that the Kat is slow but you will learn alot of this during the Safety Class.
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

welcome to KR
                        West of Germany
                        greetz Carsten

Comment

First of all, Thaz, did you really say Steel Horse?

And Welcome. Good times, good people, and a good ride.
                          AMA member # 224227

Comment

Welcome to KR!!
                            Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Meikol2
                              First of all, Thaz, did you really say Steel Horse?

And Welcome. Good times, good people, and a good ride.
                              Yeah, lol I did!
                              TDA Racing/Motorsports
                              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                              Who knows what is next?
                              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                              X