No announcement yet.
X

Hello, complete noob here

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome aboard. Were all a little bias when it comes to the Kat, but it does make for a great first bike!
    Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome to Katriders, go for a Kat!
        Sounds like you are going about things the right way and educating yourself, good job!
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Welcome Mr Shred!!

Comment

Helloooo from another newbie
            'Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and sometimes it rains" !

Comment

Welcome to the board. The Kat is a great bike, but it would not be a bad idea to develop your skills on a lighter bike. Bikes without fairings are a good idea because when you drop it you do not have to do a lot of plastic repair or replacement.

Comment

Welcome aboard. From one newbie to another this is a great site for everything on bikes.

Have you considered a used bike. I just got a 1990 Katana and it is great, runs well, looks good. I ride with by buddies (2004 R6 and a 2003 VFR 800) Both of them are really impressed with the styling and performance. My buddy with the R6 actually got my bike over 130 while I rode his R6. Yes the Kat is heavier and slower (but when you are beginning) it is still fast enough. It's just a thought. Plus your insurance will be a lot less on a used bike.

Comment

Welcome to KR ! 8)

Comment

Welcome to KR. I would worry more about becoming proficient in your riding before worrying about how fast it is. A 600 is plenty fast enough to get you in all kinds of trouble if not careful. Take the course & learn lots. Then enjoy it for the pure pleasure of riding.

Comment

First and foremost....WELCOME to KR!

Before I first bought my first bike...I was told, "don't buy anything with an 'r' in it."

So on that note, since Kawi makes the 600r and 600rr (which are 'super sports'...not tourers or normal street bikes) I would reccomend....wait for it...the Katana

You obviously are on a great track and seem very responsible for gettin on the site and asking the right questions! Goodluck!

And remeber..

KR ... MSF .... Gear ... a RED Katana!

Comment

Originally posted by suzuki2000
                        No red is fastest!!!!!
                        And blue is real close to red!!!!
                        but green rules the canyons...lol go for the zx6rr...lol
                        The lord is the only passenger I ride with

Comment

Welcome to KR!!

Comment

I have to weigh in on the color thing [b]RED is faster. Welcome to the site btw. 8)
                            Keith Paton
                            Red Kat 600 00 SOLD
                            13 GSXR750

Comment

Originally posted by medieval
                              Don't listen to Suzuki2000. The Blue ones are faster! Welcome
                              Thats a fact, but welcome to the family. My sister is wanting to learn how to ride, never been on a bike save for mine. I told her that I would help her, but I am not doing anything until she completes a motorcycle safety course, you are on the right track.
                              2000 Kat 600
                              "Fast Blue"
                              Pic in Profile

Comment

Welcome to K.R.
                                If you want more horsepower, get a yellow Kat.
                                Just kidding. All the Kats I have seen on K.R. look great.

Comment

Working...
                                X