Mostly New Member

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mostly New Member

Hi,

I have been lurking around for awhile and really enjoy the site. Always great information and friendly people. I was getting involved in KP before the last server change and long down time. I am glad to see this site is doing so well and I will make it my new home. I bought a 04 Kat 600 last year and absolutely love it! I upgraded from my first bike (Ninja 250) I live in Farmington, Arkansas and love forward to being here.

Thanks,
    Brian
    I gave my love a chicken..It had no bones

congrats on the Kat and welcome to KR!

Comment

Thanks! I am considering doing some upgrades on the bike for the up coming season. I searched thru many of post here and found a plethora of good information. Unfortunately, I have only confused myself as to what upgrades I want to do. So far I want to do the ignition advance to help the bike warm up a little faster. Is there something else I can do to help the bike run a little smoother in the 4500 - 5500 RPM Range? It has some vibration in that area that I would like to reduce. I am getting a fat tax refund and would like to put some money in the bike I am also considering an exhaust upgrade, but I am totally lost as to which direction to go with.

Brian

Comment

welcome to KR and awesome bike, love the color!!
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

welcome!very nice place here!
          West of Germany
          greetz Carsten

Comment

Welcome to KR
            Bike is sold

Comment

Originally posted by Darvexwomp
              Thanks! I am considering doing some upgrades on the bike for the up coming season. I searched thru many of post here and found a plethora of good information. Unfortunately, I have only confused myself as to what upgrades I want to do. So far I want to do the ignition advance to help the bike warm up a little faster. Is there something else I can do to help the bike run a little smoother in the 4500 - 5500 RPM Range? It has some vibration in that area that I would like to reduce. I am getting a fat tax refund and would like to put some money in the bike I am also considering an exhaust upgrade, but I am totally lost as to which direction to go with.

Brian
              Jet kit . There's this new kit from Ivan (look around on here) that's supposed to be pretty good . But bikes vibrate a bit regardless when you hit the powerband . I did hear though that this kit helped smooth it out a bit .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Great! I'll check into getting a jet kit from him - It is ok to use his jet kit with a stock bike? I am considering adding a slip on - Can I still use this jet kit?

Thanks,
                Brian

Comment

Welcome to KR!!
                  Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Welcome aboard!! 8)

Comment

Welcome to Katriders, glad you stopped lurking!
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

If getting a Jet Kit, go with the full exhaust. Much better power then. Also, play with sprocket sizes to get better go off the line. Yes, it will knock your top speed down just a bit,m but how often do you actually push the bike to top speed anyways?
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Welcome to KR. Glad to have you with us.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Welcome to KR!

Comment

Working...
                            X