X

2005 Kat 600F needing undertail kit badly

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Kat 600F needing undertail kit badly

Paul Worley here in Na$hville, TN. Bought a 2005 Katana 600 last July. Could have gotten a GXSR, but nah. I like the Kat's look. I am searching for undertail kits, but all manufacturers seem to despise them (kats) because I have yet to find a kit for my bike.

I plan on changing over to integrated blinkers/tail-light to do away with protruding blinkers. I know I can go with a eliminator kit to do away with the tag located on the shovel. I plan on doing away with the passenger seat area with a seat cowling of some sort.

All I want is an undertail kit. If no kits are available, is there another rear seat/fairing from another make/model that I can switch out with so as to be able to go with an undertail kit?

Any suggestions on not-so-expensive-mods? I am all ears and open for suggestion.

Thanks for your time,
    Nashvillekat

Search on here... you will find lots of information about undertails on here.

Check E-bay.. you will read in your search here that there are undertails out there to be had, but they are from smaller companies out of Brazil or Europe.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Welcome to the forum NashvilleKat.
      Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

welcome

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Welcome to KR from South Texas!

KCCO!!!
          Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I was sitting there eating and thought...OMG I could be eating one of the slow learners!"

Comment

welcome NashvilleKat
            a voice came to me and said, sacrifice that which you love the most (my girl and my bikes)
            so i lied and gave up my girl.

Comment

www.bikepartsforyou.com made a sweet undertail for the 03+ kats, but i'm not sure if they are still doing business these days.
              I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
              http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

saw this on ebay...

Long Live the D

Comment

Originally posted by paradoxmd
                  Won't work on the 03+. The seller doesn't even know what year the tail light changed.

Welcome to KR, NashvilleKat.
                  Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                  -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                  -Terence

Comment

Welcome to KR...check ebay...that would be your easiest route...and if you get the undertail, BUY the rear fender hugger also, or you'll just scratch up your undertail to hell with rocks...
                    I love the smell of gas and asphalt in da mornin'

Comment

hi welcome to KR from sunny england!
                      i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

Welcome to KR from the Boro

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!!
                          Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul!!!
                          Drop a knee,drop a gear, just don't drop the bike!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X