X

Getting to know KatRiders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting to know KatRiders

I have been reading posts on this site for a while now. I thought it was about time I start posting. I bought an 06 Red Katana with 237 miles for $5000. I think I am in pretty good shape on what i paid for the bike. I have put over 2k miles on it so far. This is what is driving me to post. I did all of the research in finding the right bike for me and settled on a Kat 750. I knew it was a little more upright than the 600 and should handle longer trips pretty well. I am fighting a few things that several people have posted and need a little help. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love the bike. Just how well does the corbin seat work because I am having trouble with my fingers going numb on long rides. I know this may start a riot but i have to ask. Would I be better off with a Ninja 650r or a Yamaha YZ6? I bought a kat because I knew I was getting a great bike at an affordable price. I also know that the motor and tranny are bulletproof. I am not looking to ride wheelies or stand the thing on its nose. I just enjoy riding and want to do so with a little sport in my style. Anyways, thanks in advance for the advice. Keep up the good work on the site it a great resource for the Kat.

Welcome aboard! I have the same thing with the numb hands (at least the right one anyway). Afraid I have no advice to offer on that.

Ride On!

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!!
      Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul!!!
      Drop a knee,drop a gear, just don't drop the bike!!!!!

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders 06RedKat.

I don't think that switching to a Ninja 650r or a Yamaha YZ6 will help, and might make things worse. If you are suporting you upper body with your wrist this will cause the numbness in your hands, and the seating style of the Ninja 650r or a Yamaha YZ6 will just make it worse. Try to loosen your grip on the bars, and do not use your arms and wrist to suport your upper body.

Hope this helps.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Welcome to KR.

A Corgin will lower your seat height which may reduce the pressure that you are putting on your hands. If you are supporting the weight of your upper body with your arms when riding you will have problems. You need to use your back to keep weight off of your arms. You should also not be gripping the bars too tight.

Another thing to consider is your clothing. I have found that if I cinch my gloves too tight my fingers will go numb on a ride. I read about a guy who ended up coming to the conclusion that his jacket was too tight around his shoulders in the riding position. It was restricting circulations and causing numbness. A better fitting jacket fixed the problem. You may also want to consider gel palm gloves.

Any supersport is going to be more cramped. If you are interested in switching you should look into a standard such as an FZ6 or a Bandit.

Comment

Welcome to the forum
            Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

ninja 650r

went to the local shop today to look at the ninja 650r. this is a new bike for 06. the bike was OK. the quality of the product was not that of the katana. the bike just felt cheap. it did sit more upright than the kat. it was also a vtwin. not sure if that is a good or bad thing. anyways, decided to tough it out on the kat. i plan on buying a corbin and see what happens.

Comment

Welcome to KR. I have the same problem with my hands going numb. Still looking for a way to keep that from happening.
                2006 Katana 750 (taken by the guy that said he didn't see me)
                2006 VFR800 to replace the broken Kat.

Comment

yo

welcome from philly
                  You're Welcome,
                  - The Social Invalid

Comment

trying to get to 10 posts so i can looks at parts. i know i have posted at least 10 times and it still will not let me in. any ideas?

Comment

welcome

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Congrats on the bike...and welcome to KR
                        I love the smell of gas and asphalt in da mornin'

Comment

Working...
                        X