X

Tennessee Newbie....Howdy!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennessee Newbie....Howdy!!

Guess I should have started here. LOVE THIS FORUM!!! Been snooping around for the past month or so, finally decided to join today.

I'm an old girl, 38, and I have always wanted a bike. Finally I said to hell with and bought one. I'm a little over a week out of my MSF. Passed it on a Sunday, picked up my 1996 Katana that Monday...LOVE IT!!!!!!!

So far so, good, I've put my Katana down once. Sate her down so softly, I didn't even scratch her!!! Other than that, I'm having a hell of a time getting to know this bike and how to ride it...SAFE!!!!!

Thanks for providing a great source of information!!!
    This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
    BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

From one board newb to another, welcome!

Gratz on your MSF BRC!

As far as getting comfortable on your bike:

The best suggestion I would have for you is to take some old pepsi bottles or something similar and setup a range to practice those day 2 excercises you did in the BRC. It will feel very different than the 125's / 250's but all of the principal lessons and techniques still apply.
    ~Neil

Comment

Welcome Fasher. Glad you found the site and are enjoying the bike. Look myself, katana bob,Micladen, Rigger38 up for a ride. Micladen is out in Murfreesbor along with another member. Once again welcome to the site and enjoy the ride.
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

welcome fasher. ummm your profile says you were born jan 1 1970 right? wouldn't that make you 36 and not 38? btw im 41 so you're not an old girl by any means. like jimmie said, if ya wanna go riding give us a shout. theres some great roads around here from mild to wild.

Comment

Welcome to KR from East Texas

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders FASHER.
            And let me be the first to say

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Welcome to Katriders Fasher!
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Welcome to the forum Fasher
                Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

welcome

good to see another Tennessean, the Canadians are taking over

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Welcome to the woderful world of cycling and the best forum for Katanas. BC on your first ride on the dragon.
                    Peace and Love Ron

Comment

Originally posted by katana bob
                      welcome fasher. ummm your profile says you were born jan 1 1970 right? wouldn't that make you 36 and not 38? btw im 41 so you're not an old girl by any means. like jimmie said, if ya wanna go riding give us a shout. theres some great roads around here from mild to wild.
                      Bob, good looking out!!! I'm gonna fix that date as soon as I post this message.

Oh, and a pic just for you Fred. This one come compliments of the guy that sold me the bike. BTW, she's all stock except for some lavender/puplr grips. I'll be getting rid of those soon enough, as well as replacing the windscreen. Anyone seen the Memphis Shade purple windscreen? Wonder if the purple is close to the stock Suzuki purple?
                      Attached Files
                      BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

I know where you can get some purple rims? Friend of mine has a pre98 600 with purple rims. I think he would swap with you.
                        www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020
                          I know where you can get some purple rims? Friend of mine has a pre98 600 with purple rims. I think he would swap with you.
                          HS you've been PM'd

Comment

Welcome!!

I am old too. I am not saying how old I am though.

And I am just glad that it wasn't another Canadian signing up on this forum
                            Kan-O-Gixxer!
                            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                            -Ohlins Susupension
                            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Welcome from South Texas! Glad to have another girl on here.

KCCO!!!
                              Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I was sitting there eating and thought...OMG I could be eating one of the slow learners!"

Comment

Working...
                              X