X

New to the site/Katana's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the site/Katana's

After the third attempt I finally made it through the registration process. Just picked up a '97 750 that has mechanical problems, but nothing that is not fixable. After getting the motor off & the oil pan off found the remains of 2nd gear in the oil pickup screen. This caused an oil starvation to the upper left side of the head destroying both cams, 4 of the rockers & the head/cam caps. Being relegated to a long term project I plan to replace the gear/synchro or maybe the whole transmission if I can find one for the right price. I also plan to remove the crank to insure all foreign materials are cleaned from the engine cases. I have my work cut out for me, but actually enjoy the mechanical part as much if not more than the riding part.
    Looking forward to the project & learning some more about these great bikes.

just buy a new engine...save time AND money! (used)

Comment

Welcome to Katriders. Don't listen to Range...he always buys new things as soon as any little thing gets broken. It's good to see someone take the time to get to know their bike...good luck and have fun.
      Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

Welcome to Katriders!

Comment

Welcome Lopeha555, you've come to a good place!
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Welcome aboard. Lot's of friendly advise and friends to be found here.
            Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

lopeha555:

Glad you made it!

I have a bunch of those parts you mentioned..........except probably not the gears...........but pretty sure I have a set of Early Kat 750 cams, and maybe a whole head worth salvaging parts from...........

PM or e-mail me! 8)
              I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
              Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
              Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Welcome, and make sure to get all your parts from Special K, he IS the man. Well, sometimes, other times I am not sure.
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

Welcome to the site !! If you need it, we've got it right here!! 8)

Comment

so much for me selling him my engine...thanks guys!

Comment

Yes, make sure you talk to Special K, he is the "PARTS MASTER". I don't know of anyone, well, except for Range , that has not bought their parts from him.
                      All, Welcome to the KR family, we all try to help as much as possible. I for one in your case would call or PM Special K. Please feel free to stay a while and get confortable with everyone.
                      Thom
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. For right now any repairs will be slow. Have an extremely limited budget. Which is why it's a long term project. I also have a '81 GS750 which I have pretty much ready for riding, so I'll have something to ride while the Katana gets the rebuild. Looking forward to the upcoming "fun".

Comment

welcome, enjoy your ride when you get it going
                          Big Cory
                          SBFMC 707
                          2005 Hayabusa

Comment

Welcome to KR!!!

and buy ranges engine....he was scared to ride hard so the engine is still like new..:P
                            Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

So what is this motor that Range has for sale? Will always look at one for sale. It's the buying part that gets difficult.

Comment

Working...
                              X