X

new rider from md

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new rider from md

hello. i'm new to riding and these forums. i recently passed my basic rider course. i bought a 95 katana last summer. i'll actually be physically getting the "m" on my liscence in a few hours today. my bike ran last year, but doesnt run this year. it sat all winter. i dont know awhole lot about bikes, and i'm hoping to learn more about them here, that way i will be able to properly care and maintain it myself. i also look forward to meeting some bike riding buddies in my area.

Welcome to KR. There is a lot of good people and information here.

Comment

Welcome to the group, tory. There's a lot of useful information on this forum already. If you use the search function I'm sure you'll find something that will come in handy. In any case, the bike gurus will be along shortly.

If you're ever biking down south and passing through NC, gimme a holler.
      Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
      - Albert Einstein

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders tory.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by hellcamp
          Welcome to the group, tory. There's a lot of useful information on this forum already. If you use the search function I'm sure you'll find something that will come in handy. In any case, the bike gurus will be along shortly.

If you're ever biking down south and passing through NC, gimme a holler.
          you into football? i'm a big dolphins fan (originally from ft.lauderdale fl) i was seriously considering going down to watch the dolphins vs. the panthers, preseason game, if i had enough bike experience i woulda rode down, but i dont know if i'll have the money or not. gotta get the bike running first.

Comment

I am also new to this site and reside in MD, Hagerstown. If you get up this way, let me know and we can hit some nice roads in MD, PA, WV.
            '06 Katan 600
            Too many dirtbikes to list

Comment

Welcome to the forum tory
              Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

Originally posted by JMG
                I am also new to this site and reside in MD, Hagerstown. If you get up this way, let me know and we can hit some nice roads in MD, PA, WV.
                no doubt. i got back from the frederick mva just 3 short hours ago w/a brand new M on my liscence now i just need to get the bike running, inspected, insurance and tags then i'm all set. i know the inspection and the insurance will be easy, but i think the carbs need to be cleaned, maybe rebuilt, and i dont know how involved a process getting the tags will be since i havent needed to before. when i tried to start the bike up after i charged up the battery i had gasoline pouring out of the front left side of the bike by the fuel valve. my brother in law works on bikes, he sold me mine, i just have to wait for him for now to get it fixed which could be a few weeks. he lives in virginia.

Comment

First step , get a service manual . Next step , pull sparkplugs , drain old gas , all that other junk , then check back in later .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

service manual is on the way. should be arriving in the next few days

Comment

Welcome tory, im right down the street in glen burnie, brooklyn park. Glad you found us. Lookin forward to a ride sometime
                      "No regrets, that's my motto. Well... that and everyone Wang Chung tonight." -Out Cold 2001

Comment

welcome to KR!
                        West of Germany
                        greetz Carsten

Comment

welcome

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Welcome to Katriders Tory!
                            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Glad to have you here. Sa Da Taye 8)
                              I wouldn't be so paranoid... if everyone wasn't out to get me.

Comment

Working...
                              X