X

anybody ever switched tails on 98 katana 600f from a 2000 or so katana 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody ever switched tails on 98 katana 600f from a 2000 or so katana 750

i hate the pointy tail light,,,would love the tail from a 2000 or so 750 katana,,,i think ive read where katana 600f parts are interchangable from 98-2002 and both the 600 and 750 i think,,if youve done it let me know and how difficult and does all screw holes line up,,is it just a matter of removing one and replaceing with the other let me know thanks maestro

you want the 03-06 tail light 600 and 750 tail. It's real easy, just get all the 03-06 tail stuff, fairings, tail light, etc... And get rid of the dog boner looking tail light.

Comment

red rocket boy! red rocket!
      Chrome Project Part 1
      http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

Originally posted by mreedohio View Post
        red rocket boy! red rocket!
        Reps to the max...

-Stan what the hell are you doing?!

-Red rocket! Come on boy!
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

good name red rocket,,,does look like a rocket in the back only going backwards ha ha

yep my bike is red too and with the point! good name,will post pics soon,,,,so you guys call the point the dog bone huh,,,,dont know what suzuki was thinking of in style when they did this i have heard that kats are not that much as a fav among some ,,,,prob because they are considered cruisers instead of gsxr! but hey i like the style,plus got it at a steal,,it is my first bike,because its only a 600 i do desire more did katana come in perhaps a 900 or even 1000 or over? hate to front but looking at a interputer maybe 900 or so as a second bike maybe. I know there are 750s Katanas that is.. so to change tails to the most stylish,,,plus its better looking with out rear fender,,,the ol bone even without the fender just still sticks out,guess a bone is a bone ,,is a bone ha ha ,,if in a race riding backwards id win every time by a nose ha ha or better yet by one point,,,ha ha ,,too funny yeah got jokes but its all good. thanks guys need all the info i can get can i add you guys as friends,,,youve been kat owners longer than i have,,oh and if you have,,more info thats inportant to know since im new at kats let me know,,plugs oil filter,,,,air filter changed,,,,gas filter net maybe mon,,,since hard to start due to carbs leaking because sat for 5 yrs,,,cust off today had to push home about 5 blocks,,,but it was worthit to ride it,,,holla bac fellas! thanks still not giving up on it...definately be ready by summer ! cant wait.
          Last edited by maestro; 05-24-2009, 06:55 PM.

Comment

I've heard it called a baboon's arse too. Can't leave that out.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

guess you have all made a good point

guess it can be many diffrent names,,,hey i wanna add my pics how do i do this

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                you want the 03-06 tail light 600 and 750 tail. It's real easy, just get all the 03-06 tail stuff, fairings, tail light, etc... And get rid of the dog boner looking tail light.
                its the madonna boob!

Comment

...but I think they're fine looking...

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Working...
                  X