X

Where can I mount my power outlet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I mount my power outlet?

I have one of those 12volt waterproof power outlets and I'm wanting to mount it somewhere close to the handles so I can power my radar detector or cell phone. Any suggestions?

Plenty of dash space. Here's one of mine ...

The other is in the rear mud guard so I can power directly to my luggage ... and it doubles as the battery charging port.

Comment

Thanks. Looks like I need to get a slightly different style one from the one I have, to make it work. I like the dash one you have!

Comment

I have had a terrible time recently with my power adapters that plug into my 12V outlet. they keep dying. have gone through at least 5. I think vibration is the reason. I had tie strapped the outlet to front brake hose. just be aware of this when you decide where to mount. least vibration. so in the dash panel may be the best location. my "waterproof" outlet doesn't drain if it collects water. rusty blob results.
        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Mine socket is under my seat in the little document holder next to the battery. Stays dry. A little annoying plugging into things, I solved that by buying a socket extender and leaving it in my tank bag.
          Always take the scenic route

Comment

+1 on.the extender to the tank bag. these days you can also get a longer mini USB/FireWire cord and bring that up into the front of the seat for sena headsets or your phone.

Comment

I also have a waterproof outlet it is located on the left hand side of the fairing just beside the gas tank under my handle bar. It is easy to access and I basically use it for my Garmin GPS.
              sigpic
              98 Katana 750 89 Katana 600
              Corbin Gunfighter & Scorpion Pipe

Comment

wherever you decide on make sure the handle bars give you clearance for all the things you may want to plug in to it. When I originally did mine I forgot to take into account the height of my gps power adapter plug in, the bars would hit it lol, so I used a gas station USB insert and a standard USB cable to make it work.
                Kyle

Comment

Working...
                X