Luggage on the fly improvisations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luggage on the fly improvisations

Hello,

I'm going on camping in 2 days. I don't have a side case or a luggage rack yet. How do you suggest on putting the luggage on katana in this situation (with passenger). We will have 2 rucksacs but I think we need more luggage.

Do you have any ideas ?

Thank you
    George

With a passenger, your options are pretty limited. Put a towel over the tank to protect it and strap the extras there. Just be sure nothing interferes with the steering or your ability to control the bike.

The first time I went any distance on a bike I had a tankbag with a small backpack strapped on top of it. (In addition to the military duffel bag strapped to the back seat and sticking out on both sides of the bike and another bag strapped on top of that!) It made for a pretty tall stack but I could still see the gauges over it and I kept it narrow enough that I had full movement on the bars. Worked pretty well.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
      With a passenger, your options are pretty limited. Put a towel over the tank to protect it and strap the extras there. Just be sure nothing interferes with the steering or your ability to control the bike.

The first time I went any distance on a bike I had a tankbag with a small backpack strapped on top of it. (In addition to the military duffel bag strapped to the back seat and sticking out on both sides of the bike and another bag strapped on top of that!) It made for a pretty tall stack but I could still see the gauges over it and I kept it narrow enough that I had full movement on the bars. Worked pretty well.
      That's a good ideea !

Comment

Ive ridden with my passenger an I both having backpacks. It was actually a bit more comfortable for my passenger an myself since my passenger didnt have to lean forward so much an I didn't have her leaning on me
        94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Originally posted by crazycraven420 View Post
          ... since my passenger didnt have to lean forward so much an I didn't have her leaning on me
          If they are putting weight on you when riding, that would be a sign they are doing it wrong even with out the packs...

Unless your specifically trying to get them to press their bewbs against your back....

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I'm thinking about improvising some king of saddle bags and somehow keep them off the fairing

Comment

I think your biggest problem with improvisation, is keeing them away from the wheels/swingarm.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                If they are putting weight on you when riding, that would be a sign they are doing it wrong even with out the packs...

Unless your specifically trying to get them to press their bewbs against your back....

Krey
                Yes I know this Krey..my wife is a good passenger but when im taking friends I tell em hold on tight This particular friend wasn't quite so "blessed" anyway an I ran into her an she needed a ride. Both of us having backpacks I gave it a try.

Not to thread jack but...I hate when noob passengers end up sliding forward sharing my seat
                Last edited by crazycraven420; 04-29-2013, 11:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

...I hate when noob passengers end up sliding forward sharing my seat...
                  I've always thought that (and the bewbs thing!) was half the fun of carrying a passenger! (And also why I don't carry guys. )

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Not to thread jack but...I hate when noob passengers end up sliding forward sharing my seat
                    A pair of double d's keep you spaced apart quite nicely if you dont mind them hitting your back

Comment

yea Bill to an extent but when your nuts are being mashed into the front of the seat/tank the thought an warmth of a vagina pressed against your rear is less appealing : im not into that bdsm pain is pleasure crap!

Pnut, I disagree. My wife has DD as do a few friends an when that top heavy extra weight comes pushing forward it can be quite uncomfortable an a little awkward when tryin to turn or stop in a hurry

I think id take the boobs over mashed nuts though...hmm...hard choice

Comment

yea Bill to an extent but when your nuts are being mashed into the front of the seat/tank the thought an warmth of a vagina pressed against your rear is less appealing : im not into that bdsm pain is pleasure crap!

Pnut, I disagree. My wife has DD as do a few friends an when that top heavy extra weight comes pushing forward it can be quite uncomfortable an a little awkward when tryin to turn or stop in a hurry

I think id take the boobs over mashed nuts though...hmm...hard choice
                        Extra life.

Comment

Have you thought of scooting back a little on the seat and braking a little sooner? Just a thought...

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

damn it Bill what fun is that?!

No but seriously im only about 5' 7" on a good day so my arms arent that long an from all my dirtbiking days ive got a habit of keeping pretty tucked up to the gas tank unless im on the highway an layin down a bit

Comment

thought an warmth of a vagina pressed against your rear
                              OK im sold...... can I be next in line??....
                              I'm outa here

Comment

Working...
                              X