X

What seat is this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What seat is this?

While perusing FleaBay the other day, I happened upon this seat. I cannot tell what brand (if any) it is. I'm pretty sure it's not a Corbin, but maybe Saddlemen? Or custom?

Any ideas?

Was thinking about it for my '03 600 as it looks a bit more comfortable than the stocker for commuting... but hard to tell.

Thanks.

looks like a recovered factory original from those pics, near as I can tell ...... save for the Corbin, worth every penny

Comment

Ya, looks to be a factory seat re wrapped. Looking at mine off the bike as a comparison, the contours seems to be exactly the same. Not exact, but i would assume a custom more comfy seat would be built differently.
      "Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

Comment

that is a Suzuki GEL seat
        I found a old picture of one on my 04 and in this pic it is a GEL seat
        Last edited by rexazz2; 09-14-2012, 07:33 PM.
        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Thanks, Rex.

That's kind of what I was hoping that seat was (I'd never seen the Suzuki Gel seat, only heard about it). That would also explain the factory seatpan. How is it compared to the stock seat? Would it be worth it to get and try to have the two small tears repaired?

Comment

I'm a big fan of my Corbin but I've heard the factory gel seats were awesome. If they're anywhere as good as I've heard, I think I'd live with those tears.
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Well, I bought the seat. I'll let you all know how it is when I get it.

One last question: Is the cover leather or vinyl? I have some nice leather seat protectant I can use if it is.

Thanks.

Comment

I had all 3 seats for my 04 750 at one time or another
                stock -gel-corbin
                each is better than the prevoius IMO
                I found the Gel was a little taller (more plush) than stock good for my knee's , corbin is lower and wider (like a horse saddle)than stock

BTW keep your stock seat to put back on in case you ever sell the bike because you can usually resell the better seats and recoup most or all of your purchase price on them

Originally posted by Timberwulf View Post
                Well, I bought the seat. I'll let you all know how it is when I get it.

One last question: Is the cover leather or vinyl? I have some nice leather seat protectant I can use if it is.

Thanks.
                careful you dont make the seat slippery
                Last edited by rexazz2; 09-15-2012, 08:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

A bit taller would be good as I have chronic tendonitis in my left knee.

It shouldn't make the seat slippery since it is made specifically for motorcycle seats. It's a paste that you rub into the leather and helps keep it supple/protects against cracking, etc due to the sun.

Comment

I saw one of these on a katana at the local stealership. Almost asked if they could make me a deal on a trade for my stock seat.

Comment

Working...
                    X