X

My Mobile GPS mount

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mobile GPS mount

Hi, just an idea for a Mobile phone or Gps mount.
    Some pictures of the build.

First thing, the 12v connector, didn't had black tape though... =\ no problem, it's hidden.

Next thing was the mobile mount...

The metal piece painted black...

Now i have to wait for it to dry, and assembly it all again =)

A an extra, a photo taken from my mobile in place, maybe a few videos are ind order

Hope you like it

Didn't had the bubble yet.
    Last edited by FreaKouT; 07-18-2012, 12:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Looks cool! You may want to wrap your duck tape that holds you power outlet in electrical tape as duck tape will brake down overtime, zip ties would do just as well. I may have to copy your idea as this looks like a great way to get a gps on the bike. Ive been trying to figure out how to mount one to the handle bars, way to think outside of the box!
    Last edited by christianguitarest; 08-08-2012, 09:27 PM.

Comment

pretty sure im about to clone this setup. I ordered a car windshield mount, im taking off the suction cup and mounting a metal piece similar to yours soon...
      Manny

Comment

I used the round self adhesive disc that came with my Garmin. just stuck it to the inside of the windscreen. suction cup mount sticks to it just fine. my outlet is tie wrapped to the brake hose. I wrapped the wiring around the switch harness to act as a fail safe in case the mount falls off.
        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

i may have to do something like that, as i just got a new phone with GPS. tho i like kat toys idea with the sticky pads. i have lots from my go-pro that i could fab up somehow

what kind of holder did you use? just a normal car type that clamps on the sides?
          if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Glad to be of assistence

Originally posted by boomer_95 View Post

what kind of holder did you use? just a normal car type that clamps on the sides?
            Just a regular holder, bought on ebay for 2$.

Comment

This installation is very good, but changes to the line, the car will not have any problems
              Cheap and good android mobile phone and tablet pc

Comment

Venture from Beaches to Metropolises with LifeProof Right by Your Side LifeProof

I love their cases, and my phone is my gps, and everything really.
                Reading this, because I actually want to mount a laser/radar detector (it's a comfort thing)

Comment

Working...
                X