X

Kat 2003 Givi pannier rack PL530

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kat 2003 Givi pannier rack PL530

Anyone fitted A N Other model number for a post Kat (03) as the PL530 i find quite impossible to get hold of and only hope of a sale on Ebay soon.
    I'm outa here

Update . Orderd a set from USA....awaiting delivery....:/
    I'm outa here

Comment

Good luck with it! What cases are you mounting with it?
      "Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and as sweet as love."

Comment

Originally posted by kat_pilot750 View Post
        Good luck with it! What cases are you mounting with it?
        I bought an E460N for a top box ,but having problems getting two helmets in so might go for an E52/55 box and use the E460 as a pannier and get another,not seen any, as panniers but have see them mentioned on the web as so.
        Time will tell when the racks show up and i can see how much room i have left.
        Last edited by ManQu; 04-03-2013, 03:15 AM.
        I'm outa here

Comment

What size helmets are you trying to fit in there? I know I can just fit 2 small helmets in my shad 43L panniers. With my E52 givi trunk i have no issues fitting a medium hjc and a small shark in there. Then again, I might have slightly more luggage than needed for daily use haha
          "Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and as sweet as love."

Comment

Originally posted by kat_pilot750 View Post
            What size helmets are you trying to fit in there? I know I can just fit 2 small helmets in my shad 43L panniers. With my E52 givi trunk i have no issues fitting a medium hjc and a small shark in there. Then again, I might have slightly more luggage than needed for daily use haha
            erm Large and Large ....were both biggies....lol
            I'm outa here

Comment

Originally posted by ManQu View Post
              I bought an E460N for a top box ,but having problems getting two helents in so might go for an E52/55 box and use the E460 as a pannier and get another,not seen any, as panniers but have see them mentioned on the web as so.
              Time will tell when the racks show up and i can see how much room i have left.
              the 52/55 is a HUGE rack and looks aweful on the kat. i bought a 46 tech and it still looks huge. make sure if you mount full bags on ur kat, that you also either stiffen ur suspension or replace the shock. when i put my full givi kit on, my bike become very light up front, where it felt as if the wheel wasnt even touching the ground.
              Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
              Current Bikes:
              1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Update :-

Racks arrived and i noticed the indicators have to be relocated to the rear givi rack arms to clear fitting the panniers.
                Will the exsisting wiring reach? ,Or without hacking is or does anyone know of an insert wiring loom to extend the harness?
                I'm outa here

Comment

no I don't of any extension per se...I spliced them and reused the terminal....soldered and used heat shrink tubes, then electrical tape.
                  2004 GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by chrisx2 View Post
                    no I don't of any extension per se...I spliced them and reused the terminal....soldered and used heat shrink tubes, then electrical tape.

Cut and extend the wires was my plan of attack.Then i got a thought that someone might have seen used an extension harnes etc etc....so splicing it is....
                    I'm outa here

Comment

Post some pics when you're done, looking forward to seeing it.
                      2004 GSX750F

Comment

This is my K4 GSX750F with the Givi side and top racks. Got the 21litre side boxes on in the pic which I use most of the time but also got a set of 3 Kappa 44litre boxes for touring. MUST adjust the rear suspension when fully loaded as pointed out above.

I just extended the wiring for fitting the indicators.

Stobie
                        Last edited by Stobie; 12-06-2011, 02:52 PM. Reason: photo's

Comment

Oh those are poor pictures and I think they are the same. Get it together man!! (Real) pics, or it didn't happen
                          I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
                          -Unholy m-
                          Current project: Un-Katchable
                          sigpic

Comment

First time I've posted a pic on here. All fixed now.

Stobie

Comment

Nice....but they sure are small side cases hehe...perhaps fit your gloves and a lunch in there.
                              2004 GSX750F

Comment

Working...
                              X