X

FL to WI Trip camp spots

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FL to WI Trip camp spots

I'm making the trip in about a month and a half back home to Eau Claire, WI to see my family and friends for a few months this summer from Orlando, FL, and I'm wondering if anyone knows any good camp spots along the way. I was going to hotel it up but its way cheaper camping and less sketchy than staying in some hotel that may or may not be shotty and having that distinct possibility of of getting my bike ganked in the middle of the night from the hotel lot. Plus I'm going alone and would feel safer all around in a nice campground. Also being from a small town in WI i love camping and haven't had the chance to in forever living in this big crappy city now.
    I was planning to do the trip in 2 days but with camping being so much cheaper i may slow down and enjoy it and extend it a bit. My route will pretty much be highway 75 and 65 all the way up to illinois then hopping on 90/94 to home. I'd prefer not to have to go way out of the way to camp but I wouldn't complain about seeing some nice scenery or some sight seeing. Thanks in advance guys!

Try local county fairgrounds along the way. A buddy of mine turned me on to that idea. Usually they will let you pitch a tent and most even have showers. Price was dirt cheap too! $5?
    Wherever you turn, wherever you go, if you get it wrong the least you can know: there's miles and miles to put it back together.
    G. Tipton, R. Halford, K. Downing

sigpic

Comment

Motel 6---$29.99 a night. comfort of a/c or heat, a nice bed, shower, conti breakfast... just stay away from ghetto cities and ull be alright. try to find ones in nicer cities. like the one in brookfield wisconsin is actually really really nice. when i get wasted at hooters across the street and dont feel like risking a dui, i walk across the highway and crash there. it is really nice and less than .1% chance of getting ur stuff ripped off. that or look for little podunk farmers towns.
      Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
      Current Bikes:
      1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Working...
      X