Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mounted some Pelican 1520 cases on my '95 VFR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Stencil some Haz-mat warnings on there and the cagers will leave you alone.

    Other than being blocky, they look great. And remember how your had your Kat loaded up at the rally I think you'll need every inch of space they provide. Nice work .
    Kyle

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by arctickat View Post
      Like the Mod. And those are great water proof cases.
      Are you planing an Alaska Trip?
      Yeah, heading to Deadhorse end of this month.

      Comment


      • #18
        not much in Deadhorse, unless you are going there to work.
        Are you taking your bike down the Dalton HWY?
        TRUST YOUR HANG !

        Comment


        • #19
          Wow that top case is massive! Can you still see around it in your mirrors?
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by arctickat View Post
            not much in Deadhorse, unless you are going there to work.
            Are you taking your bike down the Dalton HWY?
            I just want to go to the Arctic Circle.

            Yeah, I'll be taking the Dalton Highway and packing some tire patch kits.

            Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
            Wow that top case is massive! Can you still see around it in your mirrors?
            I haven't had the chance to take it out yet, but the case is narrower than the mirrors. I think it will be a little more difficult to see what's directly behind me, but that's all.
            Last edited by paul.miner; 07-03-2010, 07:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by paul.miner View Post
              I just want to go to the Arctic Circle.

              Yeah, I'll be taking the Dalton Highway and packing some tire patch kits.
              I've driven the Dalton, there are alot of hazzards on that streach of road.
              1. The road is not paved.
              2. It is a super highway for semi trucks that have little or no regard for anyone else on that road. their average speed is 65/75 MPH and they will run right up on you and force you of the road.
              3. There is Atigun pass at over 4600 feet
              4. Last fuel is in cold foot 500+ miles to Pruhdoe bay
              You are going to have a great time. Hit Me up on Your way way through Wasilla If you need a place to rest before heading to Fairbanks your welcome at our home brother.
              TRUST YOUR HANG !

              Comment


              • #22
                500 miles roundtrip; there's gas in Prudhoe Bay right?

                Comment


                • #23
                  500 miles between coldfoot and pruhdoe bay, there is fuel in pruhdoe. the last time I was there was in 07 and gas in coldfoot was $6.50 a gallon. but I was hauling my own fuel with me because I was caribou hunting.
                  TRUST YOUR HANG !

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by arctickat View Post
                    500 miles between coldfoot and pruhdoe bay, there is fuel in pruhdoe. the last time I was there was in 07 and gas in coldfoot was $6.50 a gallon. but I was hauling my own fuel with me because I was caribou hunting.
                    Google maps and a sites I've read say it's about 250 miles; is there something I'm missing?

                    At $6.50/gallon though... might consider picking up a larger gas can before I get up there

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X