X

Katana 750 Toronto to Americade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana 750 Toronto to Americade

Last week, me & 3 friends (they were all on Harleys) went to Americade from Toronto. Had great time. Went to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown & 2 of us rode down to Manhattan (9 hours riding time for 45 minute lunch!). Manhattan is a battle zone for bikes- wouldn't want to ride there every day!

Covered a total of 2730km in 6 days. The bike was great- smooth, comfortable, fast & reliable. It was my first long trip on the Katana.

I used a medium SAC bag for my clothes & a Joe Rocket Manta tank bag as recommended on this forum. It just fit my rainsuit, passport & camera, plus little odds & ends. I'm a very efficient packer!

I got pulled over on I-87 for going 97mph & the cop just gave me a warning. Must have looked like I knew what I was doing (gray hair & full leathers!), or I had a particularly big horseshoe up my *** that day!

Sounds like a great ride!!!!!!
    Godspeed
    CSBA #1167
    Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

And where are the pics?
      1980 GS1100E, 2002 748S, 2010 ZX14, 2013 Bonneville T-100

Dave

Comment

Pics are in the old-skool water proof disposable camera I bought for the trip. Didn't want to risk taking my digital. Got a shot of the bike on the sidewalk in front of the Baseball Hall of Fame & another shot that a Times Square cop took of my in Times Square, before he told me to 'move along'! - He was a member of a sport bike club in NYC. He liked the Kat better than The HD I was with!

Comment

What days were you there? I was there Monday and Tuesday and it was packed. I wish i could have stayed longer but have family and work to tend to. Hope to go again next year and stay for the parade.

Comment

If you got pulled over for doing 97mph, where were your buddies on the Harleys or were you pulling them haha.
            '06 Katana 750

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me!

Comment

I've booked accommodations for my 2010 Americade trip. I'm going with a group of 8 guys.

Doing a Thursday to Sunday and I plan on doing some road trips during the day.

Cooperstown is on my list and I was wondering if there are other worthy day-trip destinations. Manhattan is a little far for a day trip.
              2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
              2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
              1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
              1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
              1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Wow...97mph, lucky you

Comment

Originally posted by BareKat View Post
                  I've booked accommodations for my 2010 Americade trip. I'm going with a group of 8 guys.

Doing a Thursday to Sunday and I plan on doing some road trips during the day.

Cooperstown is on my list and I was wondering if there are other worthy day-trip destinations. Manhattan is a little far for a day trip.
                  There are some nice roads in the Catskill Mountains if you take a slightly round-the-barn way to Cooperstown. Plenty of good riding in the Adirondacks, Lake Placid, ride up Whiteface Mountain, Vermont, etc.

Comment

Thanks for the destination tips crackedpot... I'll check em out.
                    2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
                    2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
                    1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
                    1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
                    1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

On a sunny day any road in the middle of the Adirondacks will be the best ride of your life.

Comment

Nice ride I bet, but I bet the horse shoe was uncomfortable even on a Katana.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Working...
                        X